Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marley Cold Applied Flat Roof Felt

Options
  • 20-01-2009 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

I need to replace the flat roof on my house dormer extension. I'm going to re-deck with shutter plywood and insulate the roof at the same time.

My choice then is 3 fold: (a) Torch on felt (need somebody to do this for me) (b) EPDM rubber sheet (could do this myself but have to buy it in from UK as don't think anyone in Ireland supplies it (c) Cold applied roof felt (have seen this in B&Q and I could do this myself)

Anybody gone for the cold applied roof felt option? How does it compare to the other 2 options? Is it as easy to do as it appears?

Any opinions/experience greatly appreciated.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Anybody got any previous experience using this system?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

nobody??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi TM2204
    I used the Epdm Butyl Rubber roof on house Roof area of approx 40m² now 26 years as good today as when it was done . Covered membrane with road chips keeps moisture on roof no cracking of butyl. To walk on it i use board to transfer the pressure. I found it to be a great application.

Heatherview

Advertisement