Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Everyone needs to chill out!!

Options
  • 20-01-2009 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭

OK.

There seems to be a LOT of anger in the motors forum over the past while.

So lets try it like this?

- Bear in mind, people who work in the trade do post in here, so try and keep the "i have no sympathy for the motor trade, i hope they all burn in hell" posts to yourself yeah? I dont really find it funny that people would wish unemployment on myself, or anyone else for that matter.

- Take a deep breath before you reply to a controversial post - i know i am guilty of reacting badly to a post, i will try to cut that out. Nobody needs the agressive comments taking the thread off topic.

- Again there are people in here who work in the trade, chances are with their training and experience they will know a little more about sales, servicing, new models, or whatever, compared to someone who likes their cars, but may be an accountant or whatever. Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when someone who thinks they are right is corrected by someone in the know who has proven that person wrong, the poster in the wrong should be man enough to see they are wrong, and to step back - not go on the offensive and drag the Government, VRT and fog lights into the equation!!

Maybe its not my place to post a comment like this, and for that I apologise to the mods, but i am slightly miffed at almost every thread turning into an argument. I know i am guilty of doing it, i am probably in the middle of some of them, but i think the arguments serve none of us, so im going to try to cut it out.

Feel free to criticise this, it is just my opinion. I may be well out on some of my points above, i'd apprieciate it if my mistakes in this post were pointed out to me.

all the best for a calm and peaceful motors forum!

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

hey, STFU.....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

You're right Rob.

I take it you read the "Making an offer" thread??

Pretty petty, lads arguing over absolutely nothing seeing as the OP hasn't gone back to the thread to say what car (s)he's buying.

Gotta sit back and laugh at it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

SCREW THAT!!! the arguments is what i come here for!!!!

|I know more than anyone about cars and if i want your opinion i will give it to you!!!

Ha ha only kidding.

yeah it has got quite unbearable

But i would like to make a comment also.... you have to understand that some people come here to ask what may seem like stupid question especially to those in the trade so maybe slack should be given on all sides!!!

other than that

i think this palce is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

OK.

So lets try it like this?

- Bear in mind, people who work in the trade do post in here, so try and keep the "i have no sympathy for the motor trade, i hope they all burn in hell" posts to yourself yeah? I dont really find it funny that people would wish unemployment on myself, or anyone else for that matter.

- Take a deep breath before you reply to a controversial post - i know i am guilty of reacting badly to a post, i will try to cut that out. Nobody needs the agressive comments taking the thread off topic.

- Again there are people in here who work in the trade, chances are with their training and experience they will know a little more about sales, servicing, new models, or whatever, compared to someone who likes their cars, but may be an accountant or whatever. Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when someone who thinks they are right is corrected by someone in the know who has proven that person wrong, the poster in the wrong should be man enough to see they are wrong, and to step back - not go on the offensive and drag the Government, VRT and fog lights into the equation!!

Maybe its not my place to post a comment like this, and for that I apologise to the mods, but i am slightly miffed at almost every thread turning into an argument. I know i am guilty of doing it, i am probably in the middle of some of them, but i think the arguments serve none of us, so im going to try to cut it out.

Feel free to criticise this, it is just my opinion. I may be well out on some of my points above, i'd apprieciate it if my mistakes in this post were pointed out to me.

Rob

And just who the fcuk are you to be back seat modding? :P

who the fcuk are you to be back seat modding a back seat modder?!?!?!?!

• Advertisement

pretty sure this thread is going to get locked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Its much more civilised in the Classic forum !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

biggus wrote: »

Shhhhhh, don't tell people about it......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

R.O.R wrote: »
    And just who the fcuk are you to be back seat modding? :P
    Martron wrote: »
    who the fcuk are you to be back seat modding a back seat modder?!?!?!?!
    Martron wrote: »
    pretty sure this thread is going to get locked!

Oh, DO shut up ...

and who are you to be ..... oh wait!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Maybe we need a sticky post or subforum titled "ROAD RAGE" for off-topic banter, discussions of fog lights, cyclists, fast lanes and such like :p

Maybe we need a sticky post or subforum titled "ROAD RAGE" for off-topic banter, discussions of fog lights, cyclists, fast lanes and such like :p

already exists:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=484

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

do you want to take it outside MISTER!!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

One thing I cant stand about the motor forum is people seem to assume that a young fella with a modded car is a skanger. Hates all that paint everyone with the same brush crap.
    All my years on the road on bikes and I never had a problem with a boy racer. Its normally the older 30+ people that pull out in front of me just cos im on a bike.
    Dont worry this aint an anti car rant , I rather car people than a lot of the bikers I know .

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

peasant wrote: »

How about the helpdesk crying over why they were banned from the forum. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Fair play limerick man, I've enjoyed your posts on the motors forum, long may they continue.

I know for the people in the motor industry its a stressful time, but also you have to realise its a stressful time for everyone and they want to squeeze every last drop of car from the euros they're parting with.

Pop by my new thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

OK.

Motoring causes passion and emotion amongst those who love it, and for that reason there'll be the odd difference of opinons.

If there ever is a calm and peaceful motors I reckon that'd be the signalling for the end of days.

Also if everyone agreed, everyone would drive the same car. Probably something german. No need for a motors forum then;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CPG

Yep good idea , this has been said in here before, we do need a section for the whingers and moaning minnies, and to be honest they are the reason I give this forum a wide berth.

CPG wrote: »
    Yep good idea , this has been said in here before, we do need a section for the whingers and moaning minnies, and to be honest they are the reason I give this forum a wide berth.

I love the way this thread picks up on the OP's sentiments of peace and self restraint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Don't you hate fog lights?

• Advertisement

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Nope I keep mine lit at all times, as they piss off the moaners and whingers and other malcontents on their way home to spend their evening crouched over their cheap laptops typing utterly useless drivel in an attempt to brighten up otherwise meaningless pointless lives :D:D:D

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    CPG wrote: »
    Nope I keep mine lit at all times, as they piss off the moaners and whingers and other malcontents on their way home to spend their evening crouched over their cheap laptops typing utterly useless drivel in an attempt to brighten up otherwise meaningless pointless lives :D:D:D

Lads, ye don't "get" hints, do ye ?

peasant wrote: »
    Lads, ye don't "get" hints, do ye ?
    Peasant ye dont "get" humour or irony, do ye. Ronnie just passed me the ball thought I'd run with it, please please dont ban me, I'll be a good little drone.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

biggus wrote: »

Most classics dont have fog lights , thats all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Apologies, my post was intended to be somewhat tongue in cheek. It was a poor attempt at some comic relief. I should have used some rolleyes.

I'll try again;

Don't you hate fog lights:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement