Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caterer in Meath?

Options
  • 20-01-2009 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, just wondering if anybody can help me. I'm looking for the number of a lady who did some catering for me about four years ago for a christening when I was living in Dunshaughlin. I'm nearly sure she was from the Kilmessan area and she was English. She did really good salads, supplied all the plates etc and came back a few days later to collect her stuff. I'm desperately trying to track her down for my daughter's confirmation!

Can anybody help???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Meath forum.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I don't know who that is, but both my parents were 50 last year and we used Fitzsimons Catering based in Navan, and both times she was excellent.

http://www.fitzsimonscatering.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

sofireland wrote: »
    I don't know who that is, but both my parents were 50 last year and we used Fitzsimons Catering based in Navan, and both times she was excellent.

http://www.fitzsimonscatering.com/

God no!

Earls Kitchen, Navan outstanding value and the food was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Greenan

Thanks a million guys for all your help, I'll have a look at the two suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Greenan wrote: »
    Thanks a million guys for all your help, I'll have a look at the two suggestions!

It may be Mrs O'Brien-Lynch you are looking for

• Advertisement

Would you have a first name/any idea of how to contact her? The only thing that I can remember about this lady (apart from the good food!) is that she had an English accent.....I wonder is it the same person?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Greenan wrote: »
    Would you have a first name/any idea of how to contact her? The only thing that I can remember about this lady (apart from the good food!) is that she had an English accent.....I wonder is it the same person?

She is a well spoken lady alright but I am not sure that she is English. She is tall and thin. Is that the same woman ?
    Here is her website http://obrienlynchcatering.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

I know of a woman called Phidelma who does catering, or used to anyway. She is based in Phidelma's cafe in Dunshaughlin. Only I have no idea if she is English. She provided beautiful hot meals for a party of 100 for my sisters the day after wedding party and gave plates and all and then came back to pick everything up.

yeah, i'll look into that O'Brien Catering link you sent me, I don't think this woman even had a website, it was purely word of mouth.

Fidelma's in Dunshaughlin are very well known around the area. I haven't tried them yet, but I suspect that half the village have already booked her for the confirmation at this stage, but it's worth trying I suppose.

Thanks a mil for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 montyballs

there is also MORTON'S CAFE IN DUNSHAUGHLIN which do catering for all type of party's, i used them last month for a christening an was very impressed with the job they done i would recommed them to everyone...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sallynavan

I know this is too late for your catering requirement for 2009, but I've used O'Brien Lynch Catering in the past. The food is excellent and the service they provide is great. They may be a bit dearer than some others but you get what you pay for. The ladies name is Margaret. The no is 046 9023140 :)

Advertisement