Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc bb hidden charge for no tv subscribers

Options
  • 20-01-2009 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

I had ntl tv upto a few months ago before switching to sky whish is much better however I've become sick of my digiweb bb and it's constant downtime and the recent price increases so I did some research and thought I might try the upc 10meg package with telephone for e37 but when I rang to order it they tell me it's an extra 6 euro for me because I'm not taking the tv service. I told him I wouldn't subscribe unless they were to waive that fee. Having checked the site again I did find mention of this but feel it is unfair and will only harm themselves in the long run.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I don't know about hidden now, you visit upc.ie and you two clicks gives you http://www.upc.ie/internet/prices/

which clearly states:
    Monthly broadband cost is €6 extra when not connecting to TV.

I'm sure its also clearly outlined in the T&C's, even with the charge its cheaper then getting ADSL when you include PSTN line rental

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Its not hidden at all - sure they even told you over the phone about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes still cheaper than getting TV, which used to be mandatory, and cheaper than phone line rental.

Which Digiweb system did you have as there are many completely different ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

its not hidden a search would have brought up threads about this

it makes sense for for a company thats main service is tv to want people to get it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You will still get analogue over the same cable...... :)
    22 Channels of goodness!

• Advertisement
Advertisement