Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Difference between Audi A4 / A6 Estate...

Options
  • 20-01-2009 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Can anyone outline some of the main differences between these please? Presumably the A6 is bigger in size but I was just wondering about other differences. I am looking at are the 1.8T Quattro models in particular...

Thanks in advance...

Head
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

size does matter (apparently)

(because that would be all the difference there is with the same engine)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Yes it appears that from the models available on Carzone that the size is the main difference, although it's hardly a huge difference in size I'd say. I'm just guessing though as I haven't viewed any yet, that fun will start tomorrow...

Thanks.

Head

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

There is a big difference in size, the A4 space is pretty limited ~ 490l I think, the 5 door A3 has just under 400. The A6 is pretty big 565 litres or so.

The A6 feels like a much bigger car imo, depending on the year, it comes with a fair few extras the A4 doesn't have as standard. However it needs a bigger engine than the 1.8T imo, thats underpowered for a car it's size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

A big difference is the width - it's not considerably wider, but the additional elbow room makes the car feel a lot bigger when you're driving it.

Advertisement