Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 - contract renewal

• 20-01-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

I am currently out of contract with O2. (bill pay).

Had a look around and tbh havent seen the others offering anything much better value wise than what I am currently on.

Could I get anything off O2 for renewing to a 12-month contract? (I don't need a new phone or anything) - just wondering if I could get extra minutes/discount on joining broadband for signing a new contract.

Has anyone been in a similar position???

(spend is prob €50 a month btw)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Call O2 on 1909 and say you want to talk to the reach out department about renewing your contract. They may have something for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

"reach out department"???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Darando wrote: »
    "reach out department"???

The department who you talk to who may be able to give you something for free for you to stay with 02 and not move network like extra minutes or texts!

What he said

Didn't know such a dept/ existed.....heard of customer care/account review.

I won't hold my breath though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Darando wrote: »
    Didn't know such a dept/ existed.....heard of customer care/account review.

I won't hold my breath though.

Dont hold your breath too long!:L:L my uncle who was on 02 for 13 years and a monthly spend of 60e was offer a silver upg after 1 and a half years and all the department offered was 100 free messages a month for 6 months(he never texts so that was useless, they basically said thats all! Wont offer extra minutes) so lets say he's no longer loyal to 02 and he's on Vodafone now and finds it much better. Happy shopping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Dont hold your breath too long!:L:L my uncle who was on 02 for 13 years and a monthly spend of 60e was offer a silver upg after 1 and a half years and all the department offered was 100 free messages a month for 6 months(he never texts so that was useless, they basically said thats all! Wont offer extra minutes) so lets say he's no longer loyal to 02 and he's on Vodafone now and finds it much better. Happy shopping!

Sounds about right, theres no double or extra minutes offers going at the moment so maybe line rental and text bundles is all they'll offer as there's no overriding upgrades either

krudler wrote: »
    Sounds about right, theres no double or extra minutes offers going at the moment so maybe line rental and text bundles is all they'll offer as there's no overriding upgrades either

Thats what I was thinking, last time I upgraded/signed up again I received a special offer of double minutes for 10 months and extra texts. Haven't seen any of those offers recently - so after hearing on here what little their reach out team offers - I might just hold off until I see a similar good offer appear on their website. Although that might never happen!!!

You do not have to commit to a deal after speaking to them. It would be worth a phone call just to see what they do have to offer at the very least.

Advertisement