Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakeasy rip off

• 20-01-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

my wife is on O2 pay as you go [SpeakEasy] recently she has been surprised at how quickly her credit is used up, she cannot view her account online because of a bug on the O2 website,
    O2 support say that one local call had cost 13 Euros, local or national calls at 75 or 85 cent per minute can gobble up your credit very quickly

I think we need a new deal, can anybody recommend a better tarrif?
    Her calls are mainly mobile to mobile with a lot of texts, she would consider a bill phone and would like to keep her O2 Nokia 6300

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Bebop wrote: »
    my wife is on O2 pay as you go [SpeakEasy] recently she has been surprised at how quickly her credit is used up, she cannot view her account online because of a bug on the O2 website,
    O2 support say that one local call had cost 13 Euros, local or national calls at 75 or 85 cent per minute can gobble up your credit very quickly

I think we need a new deal, can anybody recommend a better tarrif?
    Her calls are mainly mobile to mobile with a lot of texts, she would consider a bill phone and would like to keep her O2 Nokia 6300
    Sign upto free any network texts and 10 free 02 calls, she'll get the offer if she tops up by €30 a month or if she wants free texts only sign up for free any network texts(she can get these on any network) if she tops up by €20.

See for more info
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Phones/Price%20plans/Speak%20easy%20prepay.
    She should consider moving to Meteor either- free any network texts and calls to all networks are only 29c!-Cheaper than 02!:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

What bug on the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

Error 500: AmAgentFilter: An exception has occured

Thank you for contacting O2 Customer Care by email

Unfortunately we are experiencing an issue with this service recently, these issues My Account are currently under investigation and you should be able to access this successfully again shortly.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    unquote

I have been getting this error since before Christmas, I have tried different computers, it is not a java issue, with no way of viewing the account its impossible to determine where my wife's credit is leaking, ringing support is no use; they tell you to logon to your O2 and reset your password

Unfortunately we are experiencing an issue with this service recently, these issues My Account are currently under investigation and you should be able to access this successfully again shortly.

unquote

I have been getting this error since before Christmas, I have tried different computers, it is not a java issue, with no way of viewing the account its impossible to determine where my wife's credit is leaking, ringing support is no use; they tell you to logon to your O2 and reset your password

That is the issue with the 02 website for months upon end now, I normally tell people to switch to vodafone but they dont have a call details section on their website, Vodafones website is never down, nor is Meteors but 02s is way too unreliable, ask her which network most of her contacts are on and see from there:) 02 will unlock her 6300 for her anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    That is the issue with the 02 website for months upon end now, I normally tell people to switch to vodafone but they dont have a call details section on their website, Vodafones website is never down, nor is Meteors but 02s is way too unreliable, ask her which network most of her contacts are on and see from there:) 02 will unlock her 6300 for her anyway!

Meteors website was dated though and lacked decent features. o2 seemed to make a bad problem even worse. I used the text system their the other day and the UI was completely over the top. Sometimes going with excessively flash expensive designers does not have its benefits. Some poor coding also with popups to let you know a text sent - Ajax anyone?

Its the one area that has potential but has failed horribly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What bug on the website?

lol,

@Ah Watch, did that make you laugh out loud as well:D

unquote

I can fix that if you want me to send me your number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Seriously O2, how many times can you possibly update/upgrade your website and have it still not work even remotely most of the time?

I can't fathom what could be causing them to just do, from what it seems, nothing to resolve the issue. Not only is it infuriating, but it just ensures O2 customers, who rely on the website, port off to another network.

I completely understand. I myself have been affected by a lot of the changes over the last couple of months. This is mainly due to rushing out products without complete testing and traffic predictions being completed before the said product is launched (Webtext being the main example) however we have learned form the mistakes made and downtime on the website will be significantly lower than it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I myself have been affected by a lot of the changes over the last couple of months. quote]

it's years not months....it's a disaster...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I myself have been affected by a lot of the changes over the last couple of months. quote]

No months, 36 months :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I completely understand. I myself have been affected by a lot of the changes over the last couple of months. This is mainly due to rushing out products without complete testing and traffic predictions being completed before the said product is launched (Webtext being the main example) however we have learned form the mistakes made and downtime on the website will be significantly lower than it was.

Daryll, my comments were not directed directly at you, however, I appreciate your repsonse all the same. I wanted to make that clear as I would not expect Boards.ie users to expect you to answer for the company you work on behalf of for every issue they may have.

I would agree with the other users, with regard to the time-frame of these issues, specifically the website related issues, as it is beyond a joke at this stage. I am not here to spout my rhetoric on why the O2 website is a joke and then expect everybody else to escalate complaints to O2 directly. Escalations have been made, calls and emails have been made and sent respectively, yet here we all are, reluctant to use a service that should be more than adequate; especially given the fact that O2’s competitors can offer a consistent, in comparison, service.

Fair enough but i won't be getting into a battle over it.
    Rsaeire wrote: »
    Daryll, my comments were not directed directly at you, however, I appreciate your response all the same. I wanted to make that clear as I would not expect Boards.ie users to expect you to answer for the company you work on behalf of for every issue they may have.

I would agree with the other users, with regard to the time-frame of these issues, specifically the website related issues, as it is beyond a joke at this stage. I am not here to spout my rhetoric on why the O2 website is a joke and then expect everybody else to escalate complaints to O2 directly. Escalations have been made, calls and emails have been made and sent respectively, yet here we all are, reluctant to use a service that should be more than adequate; especially given the fact that O2’s competitors can offer a consistent, in comparison, service.

I know but I have been given responsibility to represent the company in some way on this forum as I feel that we should offer help wherever we can. I know the website thing has been beaten to death and anything I say won't make much of a difference but I can stand by my words above.

lol,

@Ah Watch, did that make you laugh out loud as well:D
    ROFL:L:L:L

I can fix that if you want me to send me your number.

I already said in a previous post that I know you get things done, and I'm blue in the:rolleyes: saying that the 02 website is a shambles. If you can rectify the fault with the My Account section(which I noticed on Talk202 a few weeks ago) why hasn't this been resolved? Do you know if this is going to be rectified in the near future?

There are a couple of on-going problems (yeah I know before you even say it "typical") that are affecting a greater number of people at the moment so these have priority. I raised it to a higher level yesterday as the numbers of these problems has been steadily growing so I should be updating on Talk2O2 soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

the Mrs is finally moving away from o2 to vodafone (Before the vodafone to vodafone for free offer runs out)

when she looked at the cost of her calls it made sense & she has never been able to use her phone abroad despite contacting o2 about this on many occasions.

Question; She received her vodafone chip today and is due to change network in the morning. when should she put her vodafone chip into her phone?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Question; She received her vodafone chip today and is due to change network in the morning. when should she put her vodafone chip into her phone?

I believe they usually text the old number to let you know!

thanks.

I have just found this hidden away in the small print on vodafone's site (there not perfect either)
    "You'll also need to get the NAC code from your current network to unlock your phone." does this mean she will need to get her phone unlocked before the morning, when she is due to change network?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sully wrote: »
    I believe they usually text the old number to let you know!

i've never had that happen. the phone generally just starts saying "sim card registration failed" or something along those lines
    thanks.

I have just found this hidden away in the small print on vodafone's site (there not perfect either)
    "You'll also need to get the NAC code from your current network to unlock your phone." does this mean she will need to get her phone unlocked before the morning, when she is due to change network?

yes she absolutely does. if her phone is locked to o2 it will not accept her new vodafone sim. call o2 and request the code but it can take a few days to a few weeks. what type of phone is it?

also, make sure it's not already unlocked if you can by putting a different sim in and seeing if it works

thanks Sam,

I just tried my 087 chip and it doesn't work (I didn't think it would) It is a Sony Ericsson k610im phone.

any idea on what I should do in the morning, should I put her new chip into my phone so she will switch networks in the morning before she gets her unlock code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

thanks Sam,

I just tried my 087 chip and it doesn't work (I didn't think it would) It is a Sony Ericsson k610im phone.

any idea on what I should do in the morning, should I put her new chip into my phone so she will switch networks in the morning before she gets her unlock code?

she'll switch networks tomorrow whether her sim is in a phone at the time or not.

Advertisement