Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Healthcare - Credit Card Authorisation?

Options
  • 20-01-2009 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

My wife pays health insurance for the kids on a straight deduction from her wages. Two years ago they messed up with the deductions and my wife decided to pay the amount owed (about €400 at that time) and then the fortnightly basis. Last year, despite the fact that the deductions were still coming out on a fortnightly basis they charged her credit card the full amount for the year. Fair enough, mistake made they repaid the money.

This year the same thing has happened. I'm sure they will repay and all that but can they take money out of a credit card without authorisation from the credit card owner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

Thread title edited for a little more clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Are the payments on the CC getting taken out in the from of a Direct Debit?

There not allowed to take the funds but hay, its happens alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

hawker wrote: »
    My wife pays health insurance for the kids on a straight deduction from her wages. Two years ago they messed up with the deductions and my wife decided to pay the amount owed (about €400 at that time) and then the fortnightly basis. Last year, despite the fact that the deductions were still coming out on a fortnightly basis they charged her credit card the full amount for the year. Fair enough, mistake made they repaid the money.

This year the same thing has happened. I'm sure they will repay and all that but can they take money out of a credit card without authorisation from the credit card owner?

Read the thread and thought, hmm, must check.

And they silly sods have done it to me as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Are the payments on the CC getting taken out in the from of a Direct Debit?

There not allowed to take the funds but hay, its happens alot.

They managed to hit my credit card, even though the expiry date has changed since last year....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I pay my TV license on my CC. One year my card was stolen and I got a replacement - new number etc. The TV License fee still got taken automatically!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

BTW, Quinn Healthcare only operate one payment run a month. I rang up on 7/1 to pay my annual charge on CC (not a DD!) and was told the payment would not be processed until around 5th Feb

Advertisement