Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15

Options
  • 20-01-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

i joined over a month ago, and one of my first posts were in the Dublin 15 forum. i ended up posting about a chinese i deliver for and said they were the best. i never knew a mod had warned me about this and then i posted the same again. next i knew i was told i was banned from the forum and if i kept it up i would be banned from boards altogether :eek:
    i explained to said mod that i never knew he had warned me previously and assured him it wouldn't happen again. he insisted that it was all my own doing, even though i genuinely never seen his initial warning and never knew the rules re advertising(my own fault which i accepted straight out)

can this be lifted or do i have to succumb to..............................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Well, basically what you did twice in the Dublin 15 forum was to insist that company X was the best food of its type that you could get without mentioning that you worked for them. That's the simplest definition of a shill. Generally shills get a complete site-banning - the forum rules you clicked yes to when you registered your account mentioned this. And you ended up doing that twice on the same forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

sceptre wrote: »
    Well, basically what you did twice in the Dublin 15 forum was to insist that company X was the best food of its type that you could get without mentioning that you worked for them. That's the simplest definition of a shill. Generally shills get a complete site-banning - the forum rules you clicked yes to when you registered your account mentioned this. And you ended up doing that twice on the same forum.
    i did say that i worked for them, i wasn't lying or trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes. i genuinely never knew i was in the wrong for it as it was a forum about what the best food was in the area. what i'm saying is the plod who banned me wouldn't listen when i told him that i never seen his initial warning or i wouldn't have dared post another post saying the same thing.
    maybe am wrong when i think there's some mad power buzz goes on, suppose we all have our roles to play and our stripes to earn

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

poindexter wrote: »
    maybe am wrong when i think there's some mad power buzz goes on, suppose we all have our roles to play and our stripes to earn

When you joined Boards, you got a welcome e-mail.
    In that mail, it says the following:
    Please do not join these forums just to promote yourself, your website, your company or your fabulous products and services, this will simply annoy and alienate the users and will most likely result in your posts being removed and possibly your user account.

Pimping the place you work for would be covered under that.

so the ban on me entering the dublin 15 forum will never be lifted due to this??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Drop Zaph a PM and ask him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

poindexter wrote: »
    i did say that i worked for them, i wasn't lying or trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes.
    You didn't say that you worked for them, you were trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes. Here are all three posts, all made in three seperate threads, you made on that forum, starting with the earliest:
    without a doubt, the tastiest chinese take away in Dublin 15 area is <snip> in <snip>.
    i deliver chinese to almost all these areas, apart from wellview in mulhuddart and ongar. to me castleknock ends at the roundabout behind domino's and the church. used to live in lohunda and westend village. one big concrete jungle and am glad to now live in enfield away from the rat race
    [New thread that you created entitled "Best take away"]
    food in Dublin 15. i'm sure there was a fourm for this and it has disappeared. for me <snip> in <snip> is by far the best chinese in the area:P

You never once said that you worked for them, I have to correct you there.

And referring to the mod that banned you as the 'plod' isn't a good start.

Gordon wrote: »
    You didn't say that you worked for them, you were trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes. Here are all three posts, all made in three seperate threads, you made on that forum, starting with the earliest:

[New thread that you created entitled "Best take away"]

You never once said that you worked for them, I have to correct you there.

And referring to the mod that banned you as the 'plod' isn't a good start.
    is saying i deliver to these areas not saying i work for them, and if not then why the ban????
    this was done in my first few posts while joining boards and if you check my other posts am not full of s*** (honest :o) or upto no good. i can't say it over and over that it was a genuine mistake, and pure and simple laziness on my part that i never read said rule

Advertisement