Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should we start trying now or wait?

• 20-01-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All,

We kind of had a plan (or more like a goal) for past couple of years that we will buy a house at the begining of 2009 and then in September will start trying for a baby. But considering economical situation, we are really at a loss/confused/worried...

Would you say put our plans on hold for another year or so, or start trying for a baby now and continue to save, live in rented apartment (have been renting for past 6 years) and buy a house then economy starts to recover?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Truthfully, no one here can tell you when the right time for you to start ttc is. It can take a few months to conceive, your ages and general health are factors. Financially, things change when you have kids, recession or not. Plenty of people have children without owning a house. Again though, what's right for one couple is wrong for another and the only people who can decide on the right time to start a family is both of you.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I think if everyone waited until they were 'ready' to have a baby nobody would. Everything changes when you have a child but you find ways to manage. If you are happy enough to wait and be financially secure (I am not saying when you buy a house you will be financially secure though) then I would say wait. BUT if you were to go ahead and try to conceive you will make it work if you become pregnant. When I'm old I want to remember my kids and have fun with their kids not what I bought. Children have a way of making you see whats important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭KittenCaboodle

We had a similar plan to begin with but we realised it would be foolish to try to buy a house at the moment.

We decided to move into a house (from an apartment) in a nice area. It costs a bit more but it's worth it.

We are TTC now.

Advertisement