Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

seat leon 2002 door locked and wont open ..PLEASE HELP?

Options
  • 20-01-2009 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    im looking for some urgent help. I have a seat leaon 2002. I bought it second hand about 5 months ago. The door on the drivers side is the only one with a lock on it and it controls the central locking. The lock has always been a bit stiff and with take a bit of force to twist the key to open the lock. Today on the way home from work i put the key in and it too about 10 mins to open... no exaggeration. i drove home and parked up. I locked the door but the key wouldn't come out and was stuck in the lock. After much force it eventually loosened and came out of the lock, but the door to the car is now locked, and remember this is the only lock on the car all the other doors don't have locks for the key. I put the key back in to unlock it but it wont, and guess what the key got stuck in the lock again... i eventually got the key out but now the car is locked and i cant get it open?
    PLEASE HELP with any advice you can as i need the car to get to work in the morning.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Open the boot lock, that should trigger the central locking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

tried the boot but it wont open, even though the key will easily turn the lock :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

OK, have a look on the passenger side door handle, where the keyhole should be. There may be a plastic cover there that you can remove, giving access to the keyhole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Anan1 wrote: »
    OK, have a look on the passenger side door handle, where the keyhole should be. There may be a plastic cover there that you can remove, giving access to the keyhole.

Nope, only one on the drivers side.

Get some wd40 and spray the lock, leave over night and try again.

Advertisement