Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accounting

Options
  • 20-01-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

im thinking about doing accounting next year?i do pass maths and find it tough lol.would i struggle at this course?
    thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

yes.

the accounting part not as much but you might struggle with the stastics module.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I studied Maths and Stats as a module in my course (I did BIS) and I honestly thought it was a breeze, I came from pass maths as well. Dont think anyone in my class failed it. The accounting part of mine was only a minor part but its known thats its taken from a very basic level so every starts off at the same level.

Nobody can say for certain if you will struggle as we dont know your capabilities but if you work at it you'll do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 peapod260

tbh i dont think so i did pass maths for my leaving and i'm in 3rd year accounting now and it wasnt much of a struggle apart from the maths and stats in first year but its possible to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Hi, I m thinking of doing cr023. Anyone doing it at the moment? Any advice?

Cheers

Ya I do cr023 I'm currently in third year so I havnt done all of the subjects you can now do...wat do you want to know?

• Advertisement

peapod260 wrote: »
    Ya I do cr023 I'm currently in third year so I havnt done all of the subjects you can now do...wat do you want to know?

Hi pea,

Just wanted to know, how u were finding the course and if it is a difficult ??

Thanks ;)

I love it and while it's challenging it is also quite easy I did ordinary maths but it wasn't a problem also it is done in a way dat u don't have to have done accounting so start of first yr you get a little revision which helps u settle in...one or two subjects r hard but the class is small n 1st & 2nd yr so lecturers can get around to check how you r getting on...I do really like it but for you to have the same experience you really need to attend d majority of lectures to really get it...d college itself is great and it's got great clubs nd societies...let me no if you want to no nytin else

peapod260 wrote: »
    I love it and while it's challenging it is also quite easy I did ordinary maths but it wasn't a problem also it is done in a way dat u don't have to have done accounting so start of first yr you get a little revision which helps u settle in...one or two subjects r hard but the class is small n 1st & 2nd yr so lecturers can get around to check how you r getting on...I do really like it but for you to have the same experience you really need to attend d majority of lectures to really get it...d college itself is great and it's got great clubs nd societies...let me no if you want to no nytin else

Cheers for the advice pea.

Do you think you'll do a 4th year? Are the lecturers good?

Advertisement