Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet settings for vodafone.. Cant get them to work :(

Options
  • 20-01-2009 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I got a Sony Ericsson W595 on three but I got the phone unlocked so I can use my old vodafone sim card on it.

Now I can't get on the internet and the vodafone internet settings I'm finding through google don't seem to be working. :(

Maybe I'm just putting the settings into my phone wrong or something but it would be great if someone could help me with this please?
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Niamhiolio

Thanks a million!!
    Its workin now :D

Niamhiolio wrote: »
    Thanks a million!!
    Its workin now :D

Deadly! I was thinking of getting the w595 and unlocking it for vodafone too, how did you get it unlocked, had you to pay for the unlock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Niamhiolio

Ya can get it on vodafone now in the black and red colour i think, might be as handy for ya to get it on vodafone instead of the hassle of unlocking it from one network to the other. Yea i had ta pay for it, was a bit of a balls cos i had to send it away for a week to get it unlocked. Its a good phone though if do think about buying one!:)

Niamhiolio wrote: »
    Ya can get it on vodafone now in the black and red colour i think, might be as handy for ya to get it on vodafone instead of the hassle of unlocking it from one network to the other. Yea i had ta pay for it, was a bit of a balls cos i had to send it away for a week to get it unlocked. Its a good phone though if do think about buying one!:)

there 199 on vodafone and 129 on 3, think I'll get it on 3 and unlock it myself online:):) Save a good few euros/ get the 6500 on 3 instead of vodafone since I broke the 6500 I had already:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭rothai

im in the same boat. bought the phone from 3 changed to vodafone. ive tried the link the sent out settings which i installed but still no go :( does anyone know anything else i can try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The FAQ also contains settings for all the networks. If you find something lacking let us know and we can update it. If you need further help with them let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

rothai wrote: »
    im in the same boat. bought the phone from 3 changed to vodafone. ive tried the link the sent out settings which i installed but still no go :( does anyone know anything else i can try?

Is it the same phone as the OP? Have you tried entering These Settings

hi, they are the settings i've used but no go.i have the same phone i think its the W595 (bluey colour). When you say the FAQ do you mean on the vodafone site?
    Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

hi, they are the settings i've used but no go.i have the same phone i think its the W595 (bluey colour). When you say the FAQ do you mean on the vodafone site?
    Thanks all

He's referring to the FAQs of the Mobile & PDAs forum.

• Advertisement

Thanks all

The FAQ random was refering to happened to be the link i posted at the same time as him. What errors are you getting?

it just keeps coming up sending failed,retry?

im going to set them up again should i delete the ones i tried earlier first?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

im going to set them up again should i delete the ones i tried earlier first?

Yes, it is best to start from scratch. Delete the settings that are currently present and re-send the settings to your handset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Katefish

i bought the above phone on 3. coverage was awful outside limerick so i cancelled. got the phone unblocked but no internet or multimedia will operate using my vodafone sim. anyone got a solution? vodafone cant sort it and 3 wont entertain me at all.

Katefish wrote: »
    i bought the above phone on 3. coverage was awful outside limerick so i cancelled. got the phone unblocked but no internet or multimedia will operate using my vodafone sim. anyone got a solution? vodafone cant sort it and 3 wont entertain me at all.

You need to change the apn settings in the phone to these:

Or try download them via: 1. Select Menu > Settings > User help.
    2. Select Settings download > Continue.

Vodafone Internet + MMS Settings
    Vodafone MMS Settings
    * connection name: Vodafone MMS
    * data bearer: packet data
    * APN:mms.vodafone.net
    * username:dublin
    * prompt password:no
    * password:dublin
    * authentication:normal
    * homepage:http://www.vodafone.ie/mms
    * network type:IPv4
    * phone IP address:automatic
    * name servers (DNS): automatic
    * proxy address:010.024.059.200
    * proxy port:80

Vodafone Internet (Live) Settings
    * Connection Name: Vodafone Live
    * Access Point: live.vodafone.com

Vodafone Internet (ISP) Settings
    * Connection Name: Vodafone ISP
    * Access Point: isp.vodafone.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Katefish

select settings is not in the list of user help. i've been on the sony erric site too troubleshooting, and the options they list are missing from the phone too???

Advertisement