Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is anyone doing either of these courses?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

Well not doin either, but i know a lad doin rec and leiure, and i think hes usin it as a backdoor way into pe teaching!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

my sister doin rec and leisure - hates it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭helpwanted1

As a past graduate of this course, I can tell you its an interesting course. First year is a bit too easy and pointless, but as you reach second and third year the course becomes much more business related rather than sports related. The hardest part of the course is being semesterised and this is particularly difficullt in third year when you are required to do a thesis in three months.

But all in all, I think its a good course. You pick up useful certs. and the friendship and class bonding is like no other. i think this is because you are with your course group for every subject which is not always the case in other courses.

My advice though would be to not think it is a back door into P.E. teaching. This is not true as the course has yet to be recognised by the Secondary School Teachers Council. Until that happens the only option is to go to England or Scotland and do a PGDE for 2 yers I think.

Anyway I love Sligo and made some good friends so good luck.

P.S. In my opinion the Health Science course is pathetic. No real job opportunities at all!

Advertisement