Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much for this extension?

• 20-01-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,
    Thinking of getting an extension like the one on this website. Mine will be a bigger room than the pictures I'd say - 4.5mx4.5m and also a walk in wardrobe - 1.8mx1.4m to be broken into the master bedroom. The work would include two velux windows into existing kitchen. There is a large decking - 5mx5m and a poured concrete dog run inlcuded. They are also moving the oil tank to the bottom of the garden and laying the grass - 10mx10m.
    There is a wood pellet burner included and the extension is A rated with 9" insulation in the walls, floor and ceiling. The door is 3.5m and there are 3 windows. These are timber 1.5 u-value. There will be stone and timber cladding as per the picture.
    Think that's everything.
    It is coming in at €45,000 incl vat. Does this seem like a good price. Thanks in advance for advice.

http://www.ktf.ie/k-coon.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

for what its worth i put plans for my extension job out to tender to 10 builders around dublin, prices ranged from 50-60k upwards to 230k for the same job and this was with a bill of quantities for them to price off.

what i learned was depending on how hungry the builders were their price will reflect that, some lads were just plucking figures out of thin air.
    the crowd i went with are really impressive, even picked out faults with plans before signing, whereas they could have waited till they got the job and then added to the cost.

my advice is to meet as many builders as possible and go thru the plans with them, you'll be able to guage how interested/capable they are and then let their price be the final factor....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Seems quiyte small for 45K. Its got a glass roof - so not very practical in winter. There are strict requirements for exemption from planning permission.

Price will depend on area and access - an extension to a terrace house might be more expensive because everything has to be brought in through the house. Good side access helps greatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 kevymoss

You should try a contronstruction company in the north side. thay build my extension excellent job
    pm me for details

Advertisement