Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning T-Bolt- Opinions needed

Options
  • 20-01-2009 9:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

What are these T-Bolts like. Has anyone here had any real experience operation them under extreme conditions in the field.

Do they allow for rapid fire while not losing you general aiming posture.

Do they give any bang for your buck€€

Browing intend to offer the .17HMR next year with their T-Bolt (high speed) action.

For any one that is not familiar with these T-bolts, they are the same as any other B/A rifle except that no rotational throw of the bolt is required to complete the locking of the breach.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Vinniew

feature in February's Shooting Sports. Looks like a nice rifle.
    I passed on a Browning A Bolt to my brother a few years back....not a strait pull like the T....but a nice hunting rifle....not enough for target work though....

If you want an opinion.....carrying the browning name they're gonna be a bit pricey.
    Buy yourself a CZ.....accurate enough that a reload wont be needed! and save yourself some cash!

Vinnie

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Hey Ivan,
    I am a proud owner of a Browning T Bolt and I love it. I use it for Targets and I have yet to get round to popping a few rabbits but I have no doubt it will not let me down. I have a couple of recipes I need to try out so I will need to take it out in the field quite soon.
    With targets, the only drawback is that with the 10round clip you lose count of the number of shots you have taken, and all of a sudden there is a click and you need to reload - and then it's reloading 10 rounds into the clip, which can be cumbersome.
    If you are thinking of getting one I highly recommend it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

I was thinking of trying one in .17hmr which will be out next year with a bit of luck as long as this down turndont affect their launch plans..:confused:

What is your chambered in i take it thats its .22lr??? cause you said you'd be after rabbits:D

PS LadyTbolt PM me or post it here if you want but i'd love to know what they cost.............Please Approx

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Yep, it's a .22, and it cost me a whopping €850 about a year and a half ago.

I felt it was a bit expensive at the time and I still think I paid over and above but I fell in love at first sight so the cost never bothered me.

I think when you find "The One" you'll pay what it costs to have it. It was a painful wait before I got it home but it was so worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

LTB What sort of group do you get with it a the range, I wondering if these browning are an accurate rifle that might be able for match grade work?

• Advertisement
Advertisement