Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acting classes for an 8 year old??

Options
  • 20-01-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My son is almost 8 and has asked to do acting classes. He recently took on the second most challenging role in his Xmas play which had a lot of lines and he really enjoyed the whole experience.

I've checked the sticky's but can't find what the options are for for someone his age taking up acting classes and/or joining a drama group in South Dublin.

Can I have some suggestions please along with any general advice those of you who have experience in this area have to offfer?

Regards,

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi all,

My son is almost 8 and has asked to do acting classes. He recently took on the second most challenging role in his Xmas play which had a lot of lines and he really enjoyed the whole experience.

I've checked the sticky's but can't find what the options are for for someone his age taking up acting classes and/or joining a drama group in South Dublin.

Can I have some suggestions please along with any general advice those of you who have experience in this area have to ofer?

Regards,

Ben

Sure! I know lots of young people who take acting classes with the Royal Irish Academy of Music (Don't be fooled by "Music" They still do drama!). They are international and so they would be able to refer you to one of their teachers. The also do singing and musical instruments.

When you've chosen a teacher, the candidate can start exams from Grade 1-8 there are 2 other Grades before this for very young children. The exams are carried out 3 times a year, one can choose to do one or two or all 3.

They also have other exams such as oral communicates, solo acting ect.

There are also other teachers with Trinity. I don't know allot about Trinity but I can answer any other Royal Irish questions as I do these exams and find them quite good!

This is Royal Irish details, hope this helps.
    Royal Irish Academy of Music, 36-38 Westland Row, Dublin 2 - Telephone: +353 1 6764412 - Fax +353 1 6622798 - Email: info@riam.ie

Advertisement