Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooker Hood wiring Help?

Options
  • 20-01-2009 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Hey I bought a Cooker hood in B&Q and it was not supplied with a Plug, now obviously as it s class II it has no earth wire but i am wondering what AMP plug i should use with it as it does not state in manual.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Does it state teh wattage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I've never seen one for domestic use that couldn't be put on a 13A plug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 joxer1

Normally a standard 13amp plugtop will do (should really come fitted if there is a flex on the appliance) but change the fuse to a 2amp or 3amp (depending on load of unit).

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gazelec

The norm for cooker hood fans is 3amps, on the box itself it should have a sticker stating this or else should state the watts etc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Moved from DIY.

• Advertisement
Advertisement