Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Curves

Options
  • 20-01-2009 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi New Year so trying to get healthy, there's a Curves near me and I was just wondering had anyone tried it, how many times a week you had to go, price etc? Also is there set times you have to go?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There are no set times.

They charge 99 euro joining fee and 39 euro a month. So 138 to sign up and 39 per month thereafter. Some have an offer on at the mo that you get your first month free, so just 99 to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Can you only do a half hour circuit? Would you recommend it for weight loss?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Linguo wrote: »
    Can you only do a half hour circuit? Would you recommend it for weight loss?

You can stay as long as you like. They say you're only meant to do half an hour and you should leave after half an hour but you pay your money so they can't make you leave if you want to stay longer.

If you are relatively inactive at the moment and watch what you eat, give 100% to your workouts and 100% to what you do outside i.e. diet you will definitely lose weight.

Thanks for the advice much appreciated!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

You might get more response in the health and fitnes forums. :) Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭AnnieB82

Hi there Linguo, myself and my mother go to curves - I'm 26 and she's 55. I would say Curves is more suited to women who are not used to exercise, are a bit older, and quite overweight. (Just my opinion) It was great for me when I was pregnant as the exercise is fairly gentle and at your own pace. Now that I'm trying to shift the last few pounds of baby weight, I combine Curves with long walks.
    Like a previous poster said - if you give 100% at each workout, you probably will get something out of it. For example, at my local Curves they have a skipping rope and I skip fast for 30 seconds to keep my hearrate up. Also my arms are definitely more toned since I joined.

Hope you can get something out of this rambling post :)

That's great Annie thanks a million!

Advertisement