Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother Baby groups for 6 month old

Options
  • 20-01-2009 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm looking for some mother baby groups suitable for a 6 month old, if anyone knows of ones in Greystones if you could let me know that would be great

thanks a mil :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

I was speaking with the public health nurse at the health centre yesterday and she said they are starting up a mum and baby / toddler group soon for charlesland mums. The group will be meeting at Shoreline. I think they are trying to see what kind of interest there is. Ill keep you posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there's a mother\toddler group in St. Patricks Hall (beside St. Patricks church) on Monday mornings.

Tomato - any reason why they can't use the Charlesland community centre for that group? Is there still some delay in getting it fitted out, anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I was told a while back that it's not ready yet. When I get an update, I'll let ye know!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fi Fi

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone had an update on this. I'm in Charlesland with a 7 month old, and would love to meet other new mums.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

There are 3 differnet groups inSt patricks
    As far as I know there's the standard mum and tots on a monday 10:30 til 12:00
    Theres a baby sensory thingy, tuesdays, I think
    And theres another group on a weekday afternoon
    If you contact the parish office, they'll fill you in.

I run the mum (parent) and tots one on a monday and the age group ranges from a couple of months to 3 yrs or so. (there's no mum and tots next week because of school hols)

There is also the tuesday group 10:30 til 12 held at the YWCA on Trafalgar road
    And there's the wednesday one 10:30 til 12 held in the Presbyterian hall on Trafalgar road.

Hope this helps
    Terry

• Advertisement

Thanks so much, that's a great help. I just wasn't sure if the St Patricks groups were still on. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Theres a baby sensory thingy, tuesdays, I think Terry

The group on Tuesdays in St. Patricks is run by Cuidiu and is very well attended. It's a normal Parent and Baby group. Lots of babies there. And there is a singalong at the end which the toddlers love too.

Maybe I'll see you there :)

There is also one in Delgany on Wednesday Mornings in the hall beside the church.

Thanks Annieee. I'll try and co-ordinate myself and get down there tomorrow. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Fi Fi wrote: »
    Thanks Annieee. I'll try and co-ordinate myself and get down there tomorrow. Much appreciated.

Hi! It's actually not on tomorrow because of the Easter Holidays!

See you the Tuesday after. :)

Thought so. You saved me from looking like "Billy No Mates" in front of my son. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sarah Northey

The Baby Sensory classes are on in St Patricks in Greystones on Thursdays 10:00-11:00 (for birth to 6 months) and 11:30-12:30 (for 7 months-13 months).

Sarah

The Monday one in St. Patricks won't be on next Monday because of the bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tsukhija

Hello,
    Glad to have finally found local mum's groups!
    I am a new, first time mom and have a lovely 6 week old baby boy. I live in Charlesland park and really need to get out and meet new mothers. As I am still learning how to deal with my baby's cries and tantrums, I'd like to join a group where mums with new babies are there to provide a bit of support and guidance. Please advise. Thanks!!

Feel free to come along on Thursday morning at 10:00 for the birth to 6 months class. Your first session is free, so you can see if you like it first!

This is a freindly and welcoming group with lots of activities for you and your baby.

Looking forward to meeting you there,

Sarah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Just wondering if the parent and toddler group in St Patricks is back up and running after the Summer holidays?

Thanks
    M

Yes indeed, we were back today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Thanks a million, I went along on the off chance and had a great time.

M

MrsA wrote: »
    Thanks a million, I went along on the off chance and had a great time.

M

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Feel free to invite anyone else who might enjoy it too.
    Terry

The new term of Baby Sensory (a Mother and baby group) is starting this Thursday 10th September in St Patrick's church hall in Greystones, with a free taster session at 10:00 - 11:00.

If you have a baby between birth and 13 months, feel free to just turn up and join in the fun!

Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 krisevic

Hi there,

Im interested in joining a mother baby group, my daughter is only 2 weeks but eventually i would like to join one.

I live in blacktown. Can anyone recomend a good group and what a group?

• Advertisement

krisevic wrote: »
    Hi there,

Im interested in joining a mother baby group, my daughter is only 2 weeks but eventually i would like to join one.

I live in blacktown. Can anyone recomend a good group and what a group?

where is Blacktown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 krisevic

It's in the western suburbs.

of Dublin? - Google seems to think its in Sydney, Australia...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Flinstone wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for some mother baby groups suitable for a 6 month old, if anyone knows of ones in Greystones if you could let me know that would be great

thanks a mil :)

Monday; St Patricks, Church road, E2.50
    Tuesday; St Patricks, ditto E4.50 (Cuidui)
    Wednesday; Presbyterian church, opp St Bridgits school E2.00
    Thursday; YWCA E2.50. Down near the harbour development, white building jutting out called Coolnagreina, there is parking here at the rear and playgroup at the rear too. Nice garden for the kids to play in when weather nice too.

There seem to be alot of babies around that age at the mo in Greystones. I have an 8 month old and a 2 3/4 year old, so you will get to meet other Mum's with similar situations! Hope to see you there, they are friendly places, have a cup of tea/coffee and toys for little ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

MrsA wrote: »
    Just wondering if the parent and toddler group in St Patricks is back up and running after the Summer holidays?

Thanks
    M

Yes, both groups since last week.

Advertisement