Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T70 losing power

Options
  • 20-01-2009 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

We moved into our new house 2 weeks before christmas so very much still clueless about how everything here works!

One thing that is beginning to be irritating is our triton T70 keeps going cold. Sometimes its fine for the whole duration, but then quite often it plays up by either not coming on at all, ie power light remains off and all we get is the cold water or its fine for a few minutes then the power light will switch off for a few seconds to sometimes a min or two ... again this will turn the water ice cold! For instance this evening the shower light would not come on, tried truning it on and off for about 10 minutes. Finally gave up and went away for an hour, then it came on fine. It did switch off half way through my shower for about 30 seconds.

Its unlikely I will be able to fix whatever the problem is myself but an inkling to what the problem could be would be great. Like I said we've only been here just over 1 month so I dont know if it has a pump etc. It has a power box in the airing cupboard, theres a tank in there also and a smaller tank (I think) in the attic. The shower unit is on the wall, one pipe coming off it with a "turner" with a H on it ... tried playing with this, turning it one way or the other doesn't seem to stop the water(hot or cold). Downstairs next to our boiler/controller the hot water button is switched to Off ... not sure if this is the problem? There is hot water to all other taps even with the how water off so we left it like that.

Advertisement