Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Megane Dead Radio

Options
  • 20-01-2009 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

My fathers radio in his 96 renault megane has gone dead for some reason. The screen is blank and the unit is powerless apart from the on/off button which is lit. Could this be as simple as a fuse or is it a known problem with these Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

The best advice would be just to replace it with aftermarket unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

big dar wrote: »
    My fathers radio in his 96 renault megane has gone dead for some reason. The screen is blank and the unit is powerless apart from the on/off button which is lit. Could this be as simple as a fuse or is it a known problem with these Thanks in advance

Could well be a fuse, I would check them. is the button lit just when the head lights are on ? not too up on the megane wireless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

homer90 wrote: »
    Could well be a fuse, I would check them. is the button lit just when the head lights are on ? not too up on the megane wireless :D

No the light is on with just the ignition. Havent had a chance to see the fuses yet but apparently the fuse for the radio controls the clock and temp diaplay which are still working

Advertisement