Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J1 Job Opportunities - Boston

• 20-01-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi guys, anyone thinking of going to the Boston this year on J1? If you are a company called Gentle Giant are hiring J1 students. There head of HR, David Lister, is coming to Ireland middle of Feb looking to recuirt people.

They are possibly the biggest moving company in Boston, started by a guy from Limerick years ago, and hire every summer. I worked for them summer 06 and it was a life saver, I was running out of money cause of lack money and then I got offered a job by David. Trust me, anyone going over this summer will need to sort out a job beforehand, I doubt there will be many jobs.

Normally they look for fit, athlectic types as the work is hard and long. But the pay is good, and the tips can be amazing. That said I was not the perfectly fit canditate but I showed I could work hard and came home the fitest i'd ever been, if you think of it as going to gym everyday and getting paid for it you will enjoy it. Anyway here are the dates David will be Ireland:

IRELAND 2009 – VISIT SCHEDULE
    Students interested in applying for a summer job with Gentle Giant Moving Company on the J-1 visa program may attend any one of the interview sessions. Students do not need to be attending any of the listed schools. No appointment is necessary. Drop-ins are welcome.

February 16 – Dublin Trinity 10AM – 5PM
    Monday Contact: Suzanne Stewart
    Student’s Union Office
    Interview Location: Students Union Office
    1st Floor

February 17 – Dublin UCD 10AM – 4PM
    Tuesday Contact: Grace Connolly
    UCD Student Centre
    Interview Location: Student Center

February 18 – Cork UCC 9:30AM – 4PM
    Wednesday Contact: Linda Croston
    Student Center
    Interview Location: An Guagan Room
    Student Center

February 19 – Limerick UL 9:30AM – 5PM
    Thursday Contact: Student’s Union Office
    Student Center
    Interview Location: Student Center

February 19 – Limerick LIT 9:30AM – 4:30PM
    Thursday Contact: Joanne Holland
    Careers and Appointments Office
    61-327688 x 295
    Interview Location: Room 1C04 Academic Block

Their website is http://www.gentlegiant.com/ and David Lister can be reached DLister@GentleGiant.com. He's a busy man but sound fella. Good Luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭dan1988iel

Thanks a million for this. I will definately go to this in UCC. Super!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Corkbhoy8

Cheers for that nuttlys. I emailed David a few weeks ago and he sent that on to me too. Just wondering what kind of money did you make and what kind of hours did you work? Also any tips for the interview, Nice one.

Advertisement