Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Luas Park and Ride

Options
  • 20-01-2009 11:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

Firstly, Can you use it if you're not getting the Luas??

Secondly, what are the chances of getting a spot in the Stillorgan one at 8.30-8.45am?

I'm gonna be based out in Sandyford for the next 10 days with work and there's nowhere I can park for free, and I'm not paying €8 a day to get public transport out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Yes and slim. Costs €4, AFAIK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Anan1 wrote: »
    Yes and slim. Costs €4, AFAIK.

Thank you!

I wouldn't have to show a Luas ticket or anything would I?

And yeah I figured, from checking the QPark site there seems to be about 400 spots spread across the 2 carparks.

Worse case scenario is I park in Beacon South Quarter and pull my car out after 3 hours for "lunch", come back and get anoter 3 hours for 2 quid. Might end up costing €6-8 but at least it's better than a bus and a Luas!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Firstly, yes, there is nothing to link your LUAS ticket to your reg.

Secondly, I doubt you have a hope in hell. You might be lucky, but I pass the Balally stop every morning before 7 and it's already filling up (it is just parking by the side of the road there though). I'd imagine those 400 spaces are well gone by 8:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I dunno, depending on the distance & route i'd be thinking about the bus & Luas myself. Are you going to be driving against the rush hour traffic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

With the way our transport system is going down the toilet with losses in revenue hopefully It won't be long before we get paid to use these facilities. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Anan1 wrote: »
    I dunno, depending on the distance & route i'd be thinking about the bus & Luas myself. Are you going to be driving against the rush hour traffic?

I'd be coming from Drumcondra over.

See the thing is, I want to go to the gym afterwards and Total Fitness Sandyford's like 10 mins away.

I figure it's roughly gonna take me the same time to get over in the car and on the bus/luas. BUT instead of spending 75-90 minutes getting home, and then having to drive 25-30 mins to blanch and back (50-60 mins total). I can just go straight to TF Sandyford at 5.30 (tho tbh it'll probably be 6-6.30 by the time I finish) and then when I do have to drive home it'll be 8.30 or 9 and nothing will be on the roads.

I was planning on going over the toll bridge and down the strand/rock road and up that way. How would traffic be around there in the morning??

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There is free parking on the road between the Kilmacud luas stop and the Beacon hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

AFAIK, there a charge of about €45 if you aren't a Luas customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Dont park on Kilmacud Rd. The kids around there key cars! Could you park at total fitness in the morning, jump on the 114 from there to the industrial estate. Ditto to get back and bingo your car is waiting for you when you're done in the gym. Alternatively (and you didnt hear it from me) park at Londis Sandyford Hall and either walk (approx 20mins) or get the 47 to the ind estate. They come every 15mins in the morning and take 5 mins to get down.

Victor wrote: »
    AFAIK, there a charge of about €45 if you aren't a Luas customer.
    on a public road? There are no signs indicating anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

kbannon wrote: »
    on a public road? There are no signs indicating anything like that.
    The hassles of being on topic. :)
    Hanley wrote: »
    Luas Park and Ride

I'm on topic smartypants!
    I was suggesting that they park on the stretch of road outside Kilmacud luas stop. This is effectively the 'car park' for Kilmacud (and for people working in the business park)!

Advertisement