Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best applications for e51

• 20-01-2009 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi All, From the advice of a few boardsies I'm gonna get a e51 tomorrow.Just wondering whats the most needed and best application for an E51.
    I know of fring and gmail, just wondering what others i should get.
    So if you have an e51, what applications can you not live with-out.
    Thanks...:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I find most of these pretty useful
    http://www.powermyphone.com/applications.php

Opera Mini, JoikuSpot, Slingplayer, eBuddy and Cinema Guide being my favorites at the moment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Don't even load your contacts before you install Opera Mini and cabaal's Cabbage app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Plenty of them but one Im using lately is Cabbage - cool app that allows you to send free webtext via your phone!! Operamini is good too. Locago is a good satnav app, google maps, goldenpages, scanR, fring for skype type.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Thanks everyone.I'll look into them, they look cool;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Its a great little phone. Shame about the camera. Looking into getting the Nokia N95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I was warned about that , but I dont really need a good camera.With-out sounding like a idiot.Will I need a anti-virus.I've saw people talk about f-secure on another forum.Do you guys have it or any simular.

I've never used any form of anti-virus on my Symbian phones and never felt the need. I keep regular backups of my phone and I don't just install random applications. I really don't see the need for AV.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Random wrote: »
    I've never used any form of anti-virus on my Symbian phones and never felt the need. I keep regular backups of my phone and I don't just install random applications. I really don't see the need for AV.

Same as me. Never thought id see the day you need a security suite on your phone. Regular scans nightly to scan for spyware and trojans :P Ha, imagine.

There are issues with Nokia security but the chances of being ****ed over are very slim.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

On my e51 now there is:

Concise English dictionary - not freeware
    Mobbler
    Dorsh
    Cabbage
    eircomwep
    Opera Mini
    Putty
    Y-Tasks
    Y-Browser
    Ped
    pyRestart
    Coversation
    Gmail - set location to us and go to google mobile
    Google Maps - set location to us and go to google mobile
    Google Search - set location to us and go to google mobile

I'd use most of them on a daily basis, I upgraded the firmware there last week and only installed the ones i'd use.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

putty for mobile?!?!

• Advertisement

jmccrohan wrote: »
    On my e51 now there is:

Concise English dictionary
    Mobbler
    Dorsh
    Cabbage
    eircomwep
    Opera Mini
    Putty
    Y-Tasks
    Y-Browser
    Ped
    pyRestart
    Coversation
    Gmail
    Google Maps
    Google Search

I'd use most of them on a daily basis, I upgraded the firmware there last week and only installed the ones i'd use.
    You gotta link us to your apps.. come on now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Linkage 4 dem apps pl0x!!!11!!!1!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

not bad lads..

posts at 00:01, 00:02 and 00:03 :P

I reply to PM's ;)

not bad lads..

posts at 00:01, 00:02 and 00:03 :P

I reply to PM's ;)

Jim this is a discussion form. As such you are formerly requested to read and respond to each and every post related to yours. Many Thanks. :P

Or you could just ignore everyone and respond to me :pac::pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Does Cabbage work with the 3network,when I go to install it I cannot see a option for the 3 network!

viv.ie wrote: »
    Does Cabbage work with the 3network,when I go to install it I cannot see a option for the 3 network!
    3 dont have webtexts... The integral part of cabbage..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi All, From the advice of a few boardsies I'm gonna get a e51 tomorrow.Just wondering whats the most needed and best application for an E51.
    I know of fring and gmail, just wondering what others i should get.
    So if you have an e51, what applications can you not live with-out.
    Thanks...:cool:

Installed DivX over the weekend, not too bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

3 dont have webtexts... The integral part of cabbage..
    Thanks for the info,thought I might get some use out of my data allowance.

Advertisement