Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Slane

Options
  • 20-01-2009 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

What's the best way to get to Slane from Dublin? Bus Eireann goes via Drogheda which is a tad outta the way, does the Ashbourne bus head as far to Slane?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

You driving or getting the bus??? Getting the bus would mean Going as far as Navan then another bus to Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

The Monaghan bus from Busaras goes through Slane.

Bus number 177.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I can actually say know why I wanted this info, Oasis!:D Will any of these buses be running for Slane, Saturday week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

To be honest. If you get to drogheda you're there. It's not even ten minutes out the road. Theres buses from drogheda all the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

I think ticketmaster are laying on aload of buses in the city centre for the gig its 20 ahead :eek::eek: so ive been told anyway haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Aren't there a stack load of Bus Eireann buses running from Dublin for the Slane event every year with plenty of pick up points along the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

They have shed loads of double decker busses heading out for Slane concerts. No idea where they get them from. But those buses will be leaving from the city centre at regular intervals, head early with a bag of cans to drink outside to soak up the slane atmosphere. Nice spot on the left near the river with picnic benches with a black railing around it, good for people watching (aka checking out the constant flow of women heading towards the venue).
    It's probably just over an hour journey, if you want to avoid having to have a p!ss on the bus I reckon you should open your first can just after the M50 underpass at Finglas.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nikip

Does anyone know if there is buses going from navan to slane on the day of the oasis concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

lester76 wrote: »
    I think ticketmaster are laying on aload of buses in the city centre for the gig its 20 ahead :eek::eek: so ive been told anyway haha

I wouldn't act surprised, buses to Oxegen cost more, and those double deckers carry as many as 95. Do the sums. Even a Dublin Bus service from Marley Park after gigs there can cost €8-10, and only gets you from Rathfarnham to D'Olier Street. That's extortion.

OP, if you're looking to get to Slane without wasting half your day sitting on a bus tailgating traffic in the general vicinity of Slane, I'd say get a Bus Eireann service to Navan or Drogheda, both are within shooting distance of Slane.

• Advertisement

A reurn to ashbourne costs about 6 or 7 euro anyway. Slane is about twice the distance. Worth it to avoid the hassle of going to navan/drogheda and then getting to slane. After the concert you'd pay €50 to hop on a bus in slane and go straight to town

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was trying to avoid the special Bus Eireann and Dublin Buses, as the queues will be huge, so was trying to use my noggin.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Was trying to avoid the special Bus Eireann and Dublin Buses, as the queues will be huge, so was trying to use my noggin.:D

The village will be closed down on that day so no traffic gets through, so the collins or monaghen buses wont be going through the village, best bet is to get to drogheda and find a bus or taxi from there as it is usually less congested heading into the village from that side also if you come from the navan side you cant get into the town to soak up the atmosphere before you head in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

im heading up from cork on the friday,dublin first,then on to slane,i presume the number 177 will be running as normal that day? and again on the sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 olybosh

Does anyone know if there is a bus from Navan to Slane for Oasis on 20th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 olybosh

Donoghue Coaches are running buses from Navan to Slane for Oasis. 046 9242091

olybosh wrote: »
    Donoghue Coaches are running buses from Navan to Slane for Oasis. 046 9242091

Get an inner tube from a truck and float from navan to slane. With a few cans obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Does the Special that Dublin Bus are laying on to Slane take long? Does it usually end up stuck in traffic for hours or do they have some priority bus route to the venue?

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Does the Special that Dublin Bus are laying on to Slane take long? Does it usually end up stuck in traffic for hours or do they have some priority bus route to the venue?

Traffic is diverted from slane that day, the bus will take you as close as possible then you hop out and walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 enola/alone

Anyone get buses to Slane yesterday? A shambles. Hardly any buses coming back. People standing in the stairwells of the buses. Three of my mates were stranded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cymbeline13

HI there,

I've got a question regarding reaching Slane. There's no festival at the time of my visit, and I've found the timetable of Bus eirann. http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1299257550-177.pdf

What does "via M 1" mean, please?

Thank you in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

HI there,

I've got a question regarding reaching Slane. There's no festival at the time of my visit, and I've found the timetable of Bus eirann. http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1299257550-177.pdf

What does "via M 1" mean, please?

Thank you in advance :)

The M1 is the motorway - meaning the buses which take the M1 do not stop in Slane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cymbeline13

alright, thank you for the answer! Fortunately I've already find another company.

Nice evening!

Over and out.

Advertisement