Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mk IV Golf Parts

• 20-01-2009 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Had a rough week carwise. Battery's been on it's last legs for a few weeks (not starting straight away, needing a chug or two) and the cold over the last few days ****ed it completely. Need to jumpstart now to get anywhere. Anyone know where I can get a good priced car battery anywhere in the Dundrum/Rathfarnham area? It's for a Mark IV Golf, petrol engine.

The plastic housing on the left mirror has been loose for a few months too - wobbling and rattling a bit in strong winds, etc. Then I was driving up Pearse St last Saturday and an insanely strong gust of wind ripped it off and ****ed it into the canal on me. (My f-ing and blinding was hilarious, according to my passenger.). Someone told me I should go to a Volkswagen scrappage yard to get a cheap one that'd be fine. Anyone know where I could find one of those?

Finally, the bulb went on my headlight last week - I don't have a clue how much one'd set me back, anyone any comments?

Cheers for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Yellow pages?

Try www.traynors.co.uk for the mirror. The buld is simple. Buy another one and put it in place of the old one...a quick google will show you if you dont have your owners manual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

If the bulb is the passenger side you need to remove the battery to access the back of the light. Back of the light is easy to take off, there's 2 clips holding it on, just make sure when putting the back on again that it's evenly closed and fitting secure.

For the mirror you can get them online at www.micksgarage.ie

Advertisement