Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is Buckethead??

• 21-01-2009 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

I used to think he was bollox in GNR. His style did not fit in with any GNR really..even the new stuff. Just shredding all the time......it does get boring. Completely different style to Slash.

But who is he really?? Has anyone any ideas or even some sort of photo?
    I am just curious as to what he looks like under the mask. In a non gay way!!

Some of his stuff on youtube is great though.....fairly original even if he does do a lot of theme tunes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Nobody knows,but he has tons of great stuff from before the GNR thing.
    If you find the instrumental stuff repetitive then check out "Enter The Chicken",it has guest singers on it including serj tankian and Efrem from Death By Stereo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcQ3jpNgLxo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGEMIvqHNqg&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

He's actually Slash. It's all a massive ruse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

His name is Brian Carroll

When he was about 13 he started telling people he had been raised by chickens and started living and recording material inside a chicken coop.

His Earlier Material

As for what he looks like, he has taken steps to make sure nobody ever really finds out...he even attended the VMA 2002 Auditions dressed in a mask....so in truth, I cant honestly say....Axl Rose once mentioned even he doesnt know what Buckethead looks like in real life so to speak, he has never seen the man unmasked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I used to have a Guitar For The Practising Musician with him in it in the local-up-and-coming bit, would've been early 90's....

ahhh... here it is

ExposedBuckethead.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Doctor J wrote: »
    I used to have a Guitar For The Practising Musician with him in it in the local-up-and-coming bit, would've been early 90's....

ahhh... here it is

ExposedBuckethead.jpg
    When I saw this thread I was gonna post this.
    This is the only picture I know of of him unmasked, but that pic dates from before he did "Buckethead" I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Obviously not his real little finger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I like his stuff,hes a great musician.

The element of mystery only adds to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Just in reply to your original bit about him "shredding" all the time have you listen to chinese democracy? the like off "sorry" and "there was a time" some beautiful solos there,of course im aware of his shredding etc but you cant just pigeon hole him as a sole shredder which he clearly is'int,but in gnr have to prefer ron thal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Doctor J wrote: »

ahhh... here it is

ExposedBuckethead.jpg

I had that same magazine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I had the one with Ernie C from Body Count too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Well done to Doctor J for getting that picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

Buckethead's noteable non shred moments on Chinese Democracy,

Outro solo to Street of Dreams,

If the World solo

Sorry solo

Madagascar solo

all his shred solos are amazing too especially on There was a Time, Better, Prostitute, Chinese Democracy etc

very talented guitarist.

Advertisement