Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi a4 S line

Options
  • 21-01-2009 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, first time posting on here, so take it handy on me!!
    I am looking to get an second hand Audi A4 S-line(about 3-5 years old) sometime in the near future, but from reading on here and doing a bit of research, the UK seems to be the cheaper option in getting one.

I looked at carzone and a few other irish sites, and the price they quote is anything from €14K+ for something about 5 years old. Is that about right or are they going cheaper than that? Its just that I also read on here that carzone prices tend tend to be a bit over inflated. Is that true?

My budget is €12-14k, what could I realistically be aiming for with that budget?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

You could easily get a 05 2.0 tdi in for that budget...
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/A4/S-LINE-T/200901191373318/advert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭DirtyOilBurner

Hi OP,

Im putting my mother's 2006 Audi A4 S Line on carzone in the next few days, soon as i get a chance, she's had it from new and it was bought out of an irish audi garage, it is black 1.9tdi 115bhp s line, it has 115,000 kilometres with perfect service history inc timing belt brake pads and tyres just done, cracking car, few other extras like armrest 3 spoke leather steering wheel, exterior chrome pack, reason for selling is she is buying a new one out of the north, wont be much dearer than your budget, will be cheapest on carzone, pm if if you want some pics or if you have an interest....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Here you go OP, a nice selection here. UK spec A4s are much more generouse than Irish models and better value too:

http://www.autoquake.com/cars/make-audi/model-a4/fuel-diesel

I'd recommend the 2.0 TDi, it is way more refined and economical than the now obsolete 1.9 TDi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

All ye with your money :pac:, I want an S-Line now. Only diesel I've driven was a 1.9 Passat, really nice drive. I'll click the lotto one of these days. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hal1 wrote: »
    All ye with your money :pac:, I want an S-Line now. Only diesel I've driven was a 1.9 Passat, really nice drive. I'll click the lotto one of these days. :(

Bear in mind the Passat is a more comfortable drive than the Audi. I had a 2005 Passat and have a 2006 Audi A4 S-line and for comfort and ride I would pick the Passatt. For sportiness and driveability I would pick the Audi. The passat seats are a little more squishy and there is heaps more room in the interior of the Passatt.

Buy an Audi in the Uk, the spec will be higher because in Ireland paddy spec is really bad. You will get bigger alloys, more electrics and possibly a multifunction steering wheel and/or heads up display.

I have a 1.9tdi S-line with a remapped engine to 145bhp and I dont even have rear electric windows, still have the arcaic winders.

• Advertisement

Been looking around piston heads and found this gem, shes a VW PASSAT 2.0TDI 140BHP S 6 speed manual. Wonder what she would cost with vrt. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

That car aint no bargain. Its bog standard.

http://www.autoquake.com/vehicle/inspid=9328

slightly more mileage but better spec

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

EPM wrote: »
    That car aint no bargain. Its bog standard.

http://www.autoquake.com/vehicle/inspid=9328

slightly more mileage but better spec

+1

Your one has a few scuff marks on the outside (see vehicle condition pics), better spec alright nice find. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

You could easily get a 05 2.0 tdi in for that budget...
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/A4/S-LINE-T/200901191373318/advert

Limerick Man: You forgot to note that the price quoted there is ex VRT, which pushes the price up to about €15k-16k, just a bit out of budget.

I am heading out to talk to a dealer tomorrow to have a look at some motor's, so I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon how I get on. But just so I have this right, is my €12-14k estimation within the price range for an 04-05 A4 s-line these days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Hal1 wrote: »
    Your one has a few scuff marks on the outside (see vehicle condition pics), better spec alright nice find. :)

But you'll have a grand and a half sterling to polish them out with;-)
    Try piston heads classifieds too for an a4. That usually turns up a few nice cars

EPM wrote: »
    But you'll have a grand and a half sterling to polish them out with;-)
    Try piston heads classifieds too for an a4. That usually turns up a few nice cars

Looks like they are down at the mo, but cheers for the heads up. I'll check it out tomorrow evening, see what I can find

Limerick Man: You forgot to note that the price quoted there is ex VRT, which pushes the price up to about €15k-16k, just a bit out of budget.

I am heading out to talk to a dealer tomorrow to have a look at some motor's, so I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon how I get on. But just so I have this right, is my €12-14k estimation within the price range for an 04-05 A4 s-line these days?

Lol, i realised it was ex vrt. If it was including vrt i'd have it bought:D

You'll find it hard to get one from a dealer for that money, very hard. That car is €10,200, should be bought for €9,500 plus your 4k vrt and your in budget.

Lol, i realised it was ex vrt. If it was including vrt i'd have it bought:D

You'll find it hard to get one from a dealer for that money, very hard. That car is €10,200, should be bought for €9,500 plus your 4k vrt and your in budget.

So getting one from a dealer here I would be looking at €15k+ range then on average? Well I'll have a look at a few tomorrow and see what kind money they are talking about.

I few people on here have said that UK spec cars are better than Irish spec motors. Is that true across the board? Why is that? And is the difference noticable? It would be good to know if I decide to go buying my s-line in the UK.

So getting one from a dealer here I would be looking at €15k+ range then on average? Well I'll have a look at a few tomorrow and see what kind money they are talking about.

I few people on here have said that UK spec cars are better than Irish spec motors. Is that true across the board? Why is that? And is the difference noticable? It would be good to know if I decide to go buying my s-line in the UK.

I think Irish cars are lower spec generally because we get crucified on vrt and the likes. Alot of imported Audi A4's will already be over here. If you are going for one get the S line, seems to have a decent spec. A lad on here Berty has one and he'll back it up, although he does same the Passat is more comfortable. Are you trading?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I think Irish cars are lower spec generally because we get crucified on vrt and the likes. Alot of imported Audi A4's will already be over here. If you are going for one get the S line, seems to have a decent spec. A lad on here Berty has one and he'll back it up, although he does same the Passat is more comfortable. Are you trading?

Irish cars are generally lower spec because irish motorists in general don't care about engines or extras only a reg,hence you used to see so many povery spec 1.6 A4s,passats etc on the driveways come the first week in january.

tossy wrote: »
    Irish cars are generally lower spec because irish motorists in general don't care about engines or extras only a reg,hence you used to see so many povery spec 1.6 A4s,passats etc on the driveways come the first week in january.

+ We're too cheap for it.

The convicing i had to do to get the old man to buy a comfortline over baseline Passat was bad form. "I'm not spending 2K just for chrome around the windows". That was back in 01, when he bought a baseline. Needless to say he's had two comfortlines since:rolleyes:

Well I do have a very nice 99 megane if anybody out there is willing to trade me an 05 s-line for it, i'd have a serious think about it! I reckon I'd probably turn down a trade on a 04 s-line, sorry :(
    :D

Advertisement