Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband

Options
  • 21-01-2009 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

My broadband has been down for the past 2 days, has anyone else had the same problems? I'm living in Renmore.

Comments

No - mine went down during the storm along with the tv signal but came back after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

nah mine had been fine the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

No probl......

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Broadband has been fine but the tv has been giving bother for a while cant watch anything most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

no probs for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

OP, have you tried the hard reboot where you plug it out for 5 minutes then plug it back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Renmore as well, No problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

TV is fcuked guy supposed to be coming out on friday.

Broadband speeds on the other hand are now brilliant I'm downloading stuff at more than twice the speed I would usually get from a LAN over the wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Ive noticd my Ntl broadband working very intermitently over the last couple of months.I live in knocknacarra.
    I rang and complained and they said it must be my router,checked that and its fine.
    Just waiting for my year with Ntl to end then im switching!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

I'm getting DNS outages, usually lasting just a few minutes at a time. It seems sometimes the connection slows down, so I reboot the cable modem from time to time, then my router, and then the connection has miraculously speeded up. I'm in Doughiska btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

There have been some DNS issues floating about during the week.

Also, NAT tables take up ram on the router. Alot of routers are pos consumer boxes with 8mb ram. Run a few torrent apps + long connection timeouts = no more ram for new connections.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement