Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-drinkers - Carlow?.......south east even?

Options
  • 21-01-2009 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Probably a waste of time :p but I was just wondering, is there any non drinkers in or around Carlow?? (I'm sure there are :pac:, but any viewers of this forum from Carlow?).

Just putting a feeler out there, maybe get something organised at some stage??

Well, just shout! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

there are lots of non drinkers mostly over 60 not many 20 to 30 best of luck cheers;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mmmdoritos

23 non drinker from carlow :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Hello mmmdoritos! :). Well seems I'm not alone anyway, glad to hear that! :D

Welcome to the forum by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

25, Semi-non-drinker

*Not exactly a non drinker, just plain fed up of people drinking to get smashed in this country.

On a related note, the IT Carlow student magazine, Feic IT! , and its forerunner The Blurb has a bloody incredible amount of ads for drinks promotions and nights out. I know advertsing pays the budget, but gawd forbide they try and gets some more advertising from companies that don't profit from student excess?

• Advertisement

Hello a5y! Good to hear from you, seems we have another one on board ;)

With regard to the Blurb/Feic it, I know all about it (went to the IT for 4 years) I very shortly got fed up of that publication and wouldnt be bothered to even pick one up! Like you said, front to back cover drink/pub promotions, drinking stories, drinking pictures, things to do when drunk etc etc etc etc.

Got just a tad boring after a while, but then there was a lenghty debate on this some time back in the Carlow IT forum, until people go to the SU office with some interesting articles to print they'll only have 'drink issues' to go with :P.

Hello a5y! Good to hear from you, seems we have another one on board ;)

With regard to the Blurb/Feic it, I know all about it (went to the IT for 4 years) I very shortly got fed up of that publication and wouldnt be bothered to even pick one up! Like you said, front to back cover drink/pub promotions, drinking stories, drinking pictures, things to do when drunk etc etc etc etc.

Got just a tad boring after a while, but then there was a lenghty debate on this some time back in the Carlow IT forum, until people go to the SU office with some interesting articles to print they'll only have 'drink issues' to go with :P.

Yeah, there's something about a magazine stuffed full of beer ads and photos of students gets sh tfaced that doesn't encourage volunteer writers.

a5y wrote: »
    Yeah, there's something about a magazine stuffed full of beer ads and photos of students gets sh tfaced that doesn't encourage volunteer writers.

Just out of interest a5y, are you still in the IT? What are you/where you studying? I finished in it back in May, cant say I miss it all that much :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

hey croppyboy fancy seeing you here. yeah i'll join your non-drinking club. is there a special induction or anything - any special cermonies

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

4th year Games Development, haven't had one since my 21st (nearly a year ago) and it was christmas before that. Not a total non drinker but close enough.

The Blurb? I remember we were promised full colour as well, fat chance of that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement