Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wholemeal pitta bread - lunch

• 21-01-2009 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I've recently decided to cut back on carbs a bit so I've reduced my portions of rice and pasta. As soon as I have my rice and pasta used up I'll be moving to brown rice and wholemeal pasta while reducing the portions even further.

So I've also stopped having sliced pan bread for lunch and have switched to wholemeal pitta bread. Is this a good choice? I usually fill it with one whole tomato (sliced), sliced peppers and either sliced ham (not the best, I know) or tuna/sardines.

I usually also have an apple and maybe an orange for lunch and snack on Ryvita (2 slices) two hours before lunch and a handful of walnuts an hour or two after lunch.

Does that sound okay? I've read rubadubs idea of using iceberg lettuce leafs as wraps and it sounds great but other than that is my lunch okay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

sounds good to me.

i would normally subsititue pitta bread for sliced bread on WW.

if you are calorie counting just check which is better 2 small or 1 large depends on personal preference really but i think they're good & more filling for lunch than normal bread.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Why not just throw what you're going to put in the pita in a food bag or lunch box and then eat it off a plate?

Having said this I eat Pitta bread myself a fair bit after working out when I need carbs.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement