Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Councillors - Do we really need that many of them?

Options
  • 21-01-2009 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

Given all the talk these days of cost cutting and money saving measures being introduced and planned across this crumbling nation of ours, a thought occurred to me about the number of Councillors we have in this fair land.

In Roscommon alone we have twenty six, from my experiences in the past and what I see on a day to day basis I cannot see what benefit they all are to us?

From a list available on www.councillors.ie there is a total of 885 County Councillors in the entire Country.

I do not for a second claim to be an expert on these matters but it is something I felt might make for an interesting discussion. Anyone else feel this number is crazy? I know areas all feel they need equal representation but from what I can see in Roscommon it is poor value for money :o

Advertisement