Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

excel help????????

Options
  • 21-01-2009 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

my problem is as follows:

Date_______ Details_________ Qty Selling_______ Qty Remaining
    01/03_____ opening stock_________________________ 500
    02/03 ______sales ______________50 ______________450
    _______________________________________________450

i Want to copy the Qty remaining formula the whole way down the column and when i drag the formula down the 450 goes the whole way down aswell but i want to leave it blank until i enter more out going stock ( i dont want to see the 450's in red until i'm selling more stock). if that makes sense:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Do you have a formula in the cell where the Stock Remaining Cell is?

If not you are just dragging a number which copies the cell from which you drag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 brockbobbins

yes i have the formula in and i click on the bottom corner and drag the formula down the column

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

i dont get us as far as can u formula is working if you jsut drag it down,

yes but i dont want it to go down to the next row until i type info into this row. i want it to stay blank until i take more stock out.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In this, I test to see if the sales or purchases columns have a numeric entry and if so I add to the previous total, otherwise I show "-x-x-". Its not perfect (blank entries will upset things, etc.), but will probably suit most needs. You can change this to suit your needs.

You all need to explain yourselves better. :)

• Advertisement

thanks victor that ideal

Advertisement