Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to Dublin - advice needed...

Options
  • 21-01-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

hi

I am moving up to Dublin for just under a year and I desperately need some advice... mostly with location, location.. I will be working in UCD but don't mind commuting (I will be cycling - I know it's very dangerous but have been trained in London and other tough cities :D) up to, say 6 miles.

I was looking at D7 (don't ask me why) but some advised against it..

so... which areasa would be safe? and possibly near the centre, as I would like to be close to people ? how about D2, D6, D6w, D8...?

and another question: I assume there are the normal utility/refuse charges on top of the advertised price/month, but if it's an apt block, is there some sort of maintence fee?

very grateful for any advice
    sf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

scaryfairy wrote: »
    I was looking at D7 (don't ask me why) but some advised against it..

so... which areasa would be safe? and possibly near the centre, as I would like to be close to people ? how about D2, D6, D6w, D8...?

scaryfairy - please read the charter:
    * "Northside v southside", "working class areas v middle class" areas, "best area", "worst area" type threads will no longer be permitted. They are totally pointless and not worth the hassle they cause.

Similarly, threads enquiring about prospective areas to purchase property cannot be permitted, except in special circumstances.

If someone has a genuine reason why such threads should be permitted please PM me but I can't really see what benefit it is to have posters in entrenched positions and going around in circles throwing abuse and generalisations at each other.

Please feel free to begin another thread in relation to your other query.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement