Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Lights broken, who to contact.

Options
  • 21-01-2009 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

In my estate there are street lights along the road into the estate area, however about 3 of these ( in a row ) are out and seemed to have been for quite a while,

Who would I contact about getting theses fixed ? Is it the council ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If you have a management company it's them first. It will probably be the council at the end of the day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Paulw0t

Who is the council would I contact ? Would I just phone City / County Hall ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If you're in the City the City, the County the county.

Haven't a clue who in particular though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Paulw0t wrote: »
    In my estate there are street lights along the road into the estate area, however about 3 of these ( in a row ) are out and seemed to have been for quite a while,

Who would I contact about getting theses fixed ? Is it the council ?

Thanks

here the info form the council website:

Public Lighting
    The ESB work on contract to City Hall to maintain the lighting network.

If you notice that the lights are not working or broken, you should notify the ESB at telephone number 1850 372 372 stating:

Location of the light
    Number of the pole

(edit - be persistent though,and note down the reference number they give you - it took me three weeks of constant phone calls to get street lighting fixed...)

Advertisement