Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do in or around Macreddin?

Options
  • 21-01-2009 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi
    I just won a weekend away in Brooke Lodge hotel and spa:)
    Looks very nice from the site and very relaxing,But Im just wondering what is there to do during the day locally or nearby.I dont drive either so not looking for anything to far away,will have to get the train from dublin too and presumably a taxi from there?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Congrats on your win. The Brooklodge is a great hotel and there are enough activities there to keep you occupied for a weekend.

The spa is quite good, there is a golf course and stables too. To be honest I love going there just to relax and recharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Never figured you for a bath full of rose petals type person Mike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I'm a man of many and varied talents. Lying down is just the tip of the iceberg!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

wow , when you read that there are four replies on a thread, you think there's a mountain of information for the OP - oh but no, it's just a bit of banter and a little bit of an insight to what the Mods pleasures are!!!

Anyway, back on topic...if you have a few quid to spare while you are down there, there's plenty to do in the adventure end of things. I did this with seven other people with Ireland Xtreme (http://www.irelandxtreme.ie). There is laser clay pigeon shooting, blindfold driving, mountain biking, orienteering, strategy games. I didn't get to do the off-road driving but if I were to go back I'd do that! Now you mention you don't drive...it is that because you don't have a license, don't have a car or just never started? Not sure if any of these would limit you on doing driving stuff.

Enjoy your weekend. It's a lovely setting...

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement