Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband options

Options
  • 21-01-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hey all,

i'm currently living in greystones (not far from lidl). I'm looking to get broadband in so just wondering which service providers are available besides eircom.
    Can anyone recommend any others?... would try eircom but dont fancy paying line rental

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if you don't want broadband via a phone line then your options are Irish Broadband (wireless), Digiweb (wireless), and maybe UPC (via the TV cable). There's also a crowd called Wicklow Broadband, who claim to have coverage in Greystones, but I know nothing about them...

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

loyatemu wrote: »
    if you don't want broadband via a phone line then your options are Irish Broadband (wireless), Digiweb (wireless), and maybe UPC (via the TV cable). There's also a crowd called Wicklow Broadband, who claim to have coverage in Greystones, but I know nothing about them...

There's also "mobile broadband" where you get a little USB modem to access the 3G network of O2, Vodafone, 3 etc. The downside is that it's only good for one computer at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

There's also "mobile broadband" where you get a little USB modem to access the 3G network of O2, Vodafone, 3 etc. The downside is that it's only good for one computer at a time.

Had o2 broadband in Eden Gate and the coverage was really bad. Meaning the service was as quick as dial up if not slower at times. So i would imagine it would be the same in Charlsland because its only down the road from here.

I am using IBB ripwave atm its ok. Would like to get better but there isn't a great choice atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

I second that Damo, Irish broadband is ok, when i say ok i mean its better than having no internet............or paying line rental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

Hi
    I live near lidl also and use Eircom but Im not over impressed with it. Sometimes its very slow and disconnects regularly, also when someone answers phone it disconnects the broadband - have had technican out a couple of times but its no better. Have to rethink it now so looking around at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement