Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Market Butchers

Options
  • 21-01-2009 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭

Does anyone buy meat (poultry mainly is what I'm after) from the English Market? I'm looking around for good deals on buying multiple chicken breasts, turkey breasts etc and was recommended the market by my colleague. Just wondering if it's good quality, reasonably priced etc. Any other bargains to be had there?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Wallacebiy

Yep
    Chicken inn , or the new place where the Chicken inn used to be , on the left fork as you come in from the Princes street entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

yea, chicken inn, get all mine there. you can buy a box of 30 chicken fillet/breasts off them as well, seen a few people doing it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Whats the price on that?

I usually get box of 25 for 23 euro in cash and carry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Woop, thanks guys. Will have a mosey on in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭conan doyle

Hi just like to recommed the chicken inn but if it's good quality you want go to the place by the fountain- they are reasonably priced and the quality is fantastic. If you want fish I have found a great place. It is the ballycotton fish stall facing Kay O Connells in the English market. the fish is fab and they spend a bit of time giving you advice as well as receipes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Ya i'd second the butcher by the fountain aswell. They do good stuff. They're great for if your doing a BBQ too. U can get 25 chicken wings for like €3!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Castie, the ones you get for €23 in the cash and carry, are they the ones in Musgraves?
    Those ones have been injected with water to bulk them up, the ones in the market have not been. A little more expensive but worth it I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

I eat a lot of chicken and steak and I was very unimpressed with any butcher I ever tried in the english market.

The best butcher I have found in Cork is O'Flynn's on Marlboro street.

Tesco do 8 chicken fillets for €12.99, all individually wrapped inside a freezer bag, great quality (unlike their usual steroid enhanced chicken :P)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Castie, the ones you get for €23 in the cash and carry, are they the ones in Musgraves?
    Those ones have been injected with water to bulk them up, the ones in the market have not been. A little more expensive but worth it I think

Aye there the ones. Any idea of the price in the market?

Advertisement