Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BizTalk Help

Options
  • 21-01-2009 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi

I am using Biztalk to devlope a college project but the problem is I have never used it before and after installing it I am completely lost.

I'm trying to connect it to a SQL Server but I am also having trouble using this.

Does anyone have any ideas how to achieve this or any links with some good tutorials?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

You haven't given a lot of information - what version are you using? what version SQL Server are you connecting to? Here's the Microsft online documentation for BizTalk 2004 - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa286489.aspx - and for 2006 - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa548004.aspx.

The Quick Start guide to Installing and Configuring BizTalk Server 2006 might help you

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

mercuroman wrote: »
    You haven't given a lot of information - what version are you using? what version SQL Server are you connecting to?

Sorry about that - I'm using SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition, BizTalk 2006 R2 and Visual Studio 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

doyler442 wrote: »
    Sorry about that - I'm using SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition, BizTalk 2006 R2 and Visual Studio 2008.

Thanks. were the links above any help or are you still having problems connecting to the SQL Server?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

mercuroman wrote: »
    Thanks. were the links above any help or are you still having problems connecting to the SQL Server?

I'm still having trouble but I think some of this is down to using the computers in my college labs.

I have got a copy of both SQL Server 2005 and Biztalk 2006 R2 now but I'm having trouble trying to install them on my laptop at home ha

Is it difficult to install them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

doyler442 wrote: »
    Is it difficult to install them?

It is not the easiest of installs you will ever do, but very manageable.

Firstly, I hope you have a lot of RAM as the services for Biztalk\SQL Server get memory intensive.
    I used to do a lot of development with that set of tools and it really eats up the memory.

You should install in the following order.
    1) Visual studio 2008 (make sure you install SP1 for this too)
    2) Install SQL Server 2005 and patch it to SP3
    3) Install Biztalk Server 2006 R2.

If you install in this order you get all the visual studio project types added by default to your visual studio install.

A word of advice, don't be afraid to uninstall and reinstall Biztalk a couple of times if you are having difficulty with the set-up.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement