Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill all my grass

Options
  • 21-01-2009 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Hi

The level of my back garden is very uneven. It slopes down towards my back door. I was going to level it this year (prob end march early april). To do this I want to kill the grass with some chemical to make it easier to dig up and level the top layer.

Does anybody know of a good (reasonably cheap) chemical that I could use to kill the grass, which would allow me to reseed the soil after a few weeks?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Killing the grass won't make it any easier to dig, the roots will still be holding the soil together and it will just be dead hard grass.
    Maybe if you just strip the sod off the top and stack it away then level and replace the sod?
    Whatever you use to kill the grass will surely stop it growing back after the job is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭niall_walsh

Use round up to kill off all grass. This chemical is systemic and will kill the roots as well making it easier to dig. Another alternative is Rambo....Cheaper than round up with same ingredients.

Can take up to 3 weeks for total kill at this time of year and spray only when dry conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭daheff

thanks for the replies

any idea how much would be needed for a garden approx 7mx15m?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭niall_walsh

500ml bottle or 1 litre will be lots.

Advertisement