Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap/Good value restaurants D4

• 21-01-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Thanks to the D4 hotel offer as seen on Bargain Alerts I am taking the missus into town next Wednesday and staying over. Does anybody have any recommendations for a decent, but good value restaurant around D4? Staying in the Ballsbridge Court so within walking distance would be preferable. Thanks in advance,

kcools

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The food in Baan Thai is fantastic,not so sure about evening prices though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Yo' Thai in Donnybrook is about 40 quid a head plus drinks, and is a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

consultech wrote: »
    Yo' Thai in Donnybrook is about 40 quid a head plus drinks, and is a good show.

It's that plus drinks piece that I'm worried about! Always seem to spend absolute fortune in Yo Thai in Swords - love it but too expensive so close after xmas. Thanks for the suggestion tho!

Any other suggestions anybody?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The food in Baan Thai is fantastic,not so sure about evening prices though.

Prices seem reasonable-ish according to menupages.ie. Deffo a possibility. Thanks.

kcools wrote: »
    It's that plus drinks piece that I'm worried about! Always seem to spend absolute fortune in Yo Thai in Swords - love it but too expensive so close after xmas. Thanks for the suggestion tho!

Any other suggestions anybody?

Im not a wine drinker, so only had two bottles of beer at dinner, worked out 50 quid for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

The French Paradox in Shelbourne road is very nice, food is good and they have a very long wine list. Good prices too. Its informal, I would not call it a special occasion kind of place but you'll eat well there.

More upmarket but still good value for money is Rolys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

muckety wrote: »
    The French Paradox in Shelbourne road is very nice, food is good and they have a very long wine list. Good prices too. Its informal, I would not call it a special occasion kind of place but you'll eat well there.

More upmarket but still good value for money is Rolys.

rolly's is nice but it'll certainly be more expensive than yo thai.

french paradox is a complete rip off joint.

value for money and D4 don't always go hand in hand together.

rolly's is nice but it'll certainly be more expensive than yo thai.

french paradox is a complete rip off joint.

value for money and D4 don't always go hand in hand together.

Just had a look at the french paradox site and it does seem a bit pricey. And I take your point about D4 not being the most value-for-money area in the world! Tbh that's why I hardly ever go there and hence don't know it very well.
    Hmmm, not sure what to do now. There's the Milano's offer through Bargain Alerts but that means heading in to Dawson Street or maybe trying to find some decent pub grub................choices, choices.

In any case thanks to all for your input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 shifers

Milanos opened on Baggot Street, just at the bridge - there was a bank in the building before, it would be a 6/7 minute walk from your hotel. Definitely go there and use your voucher!

Oh yeah Milano's, forgot about that offer, no-brainer in fairness!

• Advertisement

shifers wrote: »
    Milanos opened on Baggot Street, just at the bridge - there was a bank in the building before, it would be a 6/7 minute walk from your hotel. Definitely go there and use your voucher!

Didn't realise there was one on Baggott Street - problem solved, Milano's it is. Thanks for all your help. :)

Advertisement