Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boxer with a weeping eye

• 21-01-2009 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey,i have a male boxer 2 year old,one of his eyes has started to weep the others ok,and its leaving a brown stain on his white muzzle,he sleeps indoors,no drafts,bedding washed regularly ,any help appreciated to save a costly vet visit.

ps.I know there is a blue cross mobile vet in the Square ,Tallaght on Mondays,does one visit the Navan or Meath area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

Heya OP, unfortunately there is no suitable reply to your query other than getting the dog to a vet for a check up. There are lots and lots of reasons for weepy eyes: infections, foreign bodies, entropian, corneal ulcers or scratches, viruses, as well as other systemic problems. He may have blocked tear ducts which require unblocking under anaesthetic. Whatever the reason, eyes are not to be messed with, leaving it too long can result in rapid deterioration of the condition and further damage to the eye / sight. Hopefully it won't be sinister and a prescription for eyedrops containing either an antibiotic or steroid should sort him out, but because the problem is recent and only infects one eye, I'd get him sorted asap. Providing its not a bigger issue, any of the Blue Cross clinics should be able to help, alternatively, if you contact them and explain the problem (and genuinely can't afford treatment) they can issue you with a letter to give to your local vet for heavily subsidised treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

I'm not advising not going to a vet, but I just want to share with you my experience. My beardie had a weeping eye. I got one tip that I decided to try before taking him to a vet. Put a teabag in warm water, take out and while still dripping place over eye. I used to let it on his eye for a short while. At the start I used to do both eyes, but used to use separate bags on each eye - just in case I spread an infection.
    The weeping eye cleared up in a few days and never came back. I did keep it up for a bit longer, maybe extra few days. Not sure he liked it, but he suffered it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 leonofarrell

Thanks for your help

Advertisement