Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC increased prices of broadband

Options
  • 21-01-2009 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Have you noticed that UPC has increased all their TV and broadband prices? Can they do this without sending us prior information???

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

They're free to increase their charges, you are also free to not pay these new charges and ask to be disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Dogg wrote: »
    Have you noticed that UPC has increased all their TV and broadband prices? Can they do this without sending us prior information???

They did, they have been on UPC.IE for the past two monhts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Tazzle wrote: »
    They're free to increase their charges, you are also free to not pay these new charges and ask to be disconnected.

Not when you've signed a 12 month contract you're not Tazzle !!!!!
    They did, they have been on UPC.IE for the past two monhts.

In fairness who looks at their site when you already have the services. If they'd put a note in with the bill it would be far simpler but then UPC were never ones for doing things the simple way !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dogg

Not when you've signed a 12 month contract you're not Tazzle !!!!!
    YES WE CAN:)
    That's quote from their T&Cs:
    20. Cancellation Rights
    20.1 You may cancel the Services without penalty in the following circumstances:-
    (i) if we increase our Charges you may give us one month’s notice to cancel those
    Services in respect of which the Charges have increased irrespective of whether the minimum period in respect of those Services has expired. During that notice period those increased Charges will not apply to you;

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

They consider you notified if they publish something in the press or on their website or on some billboard on Mars! They must have got loads of phone calls about it because I received someone else's bill in error this morning and there was a notification in it.

I tried ringing them about this wrongly addressed bill - My God what an experience:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

YES WE CAN:)
    That's quote from their T&Cs:
    20. Cancellation Rights
    20.1 You may cancel the Services without penalty in the following circumstances:-
    (i) if we increase our Charges you may give us one month’s notice to cancel those
    Services in respect of which the Charges have increased irrespective of whether the minimum period in respect of those Services has expired. During that notice period those increased Charges will not apply to you;

Rang them to say I was cancelling my broadband but they said that these terms and conditions don't apply as these are for Chorus/NTL customers but my broadband contract is with UPC. Apparently UPC can change their charges by up to 15% before you have the right to cancel.

Funnily enough my Bill arrived today with a leaflet advising me of the change in price and at the end on the back page it says
    "The chorus nt broadband and phone services remain excellent value however under the terms of your contract you have the right t cancel your services within 30 days without penalty if you do not agree with these tariff charges"

Further proof that UPC don't know their arse from their elbow :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Rang them to say I was cancelling my broadband but they said that these terms and conditions don't apply as these are for Chorus/NTL customers but my broadband contract is with UPC. Apparently UPC can change their charges by up to 15% before you have the right to cancel.

Funnily enough my Bill arrived today with a leaflet advising me of the change in price and at the end on the back page it says
    "The chorus nt broadband and phone services remain excellent value however under the terms of your contract you have the right t cancel your services within 30 days without penalty if you do not agree with these tariff charges"

Further proof that UPC don't know their arse from their elbow :mad:

Yes it is in their T&C's alright. Now we have a guessing game as to which company we are signed up with! I am with them for the past 30 years or so! I wonder which of them I am legally signed up to? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭jaffa20

dub45 wrote: »
    Yes it is in their T&C's alright. Now we have a guessing game as to which company we are signed up with! I am with them for the past 30 years or so! I wonder which of them I am legally signed up to? :rolleyes:

A pile of shoite by the looks of it ;)

Advertisement