Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advanced driving

• 21-01-2009 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭

The reason I'm not putting this in the "Learning to drive" form is that I have over 300k miles driving experience. I was just reading the other thread about the ice in car park and realised a lot people don't know how to react to hazzards. I did an advanced drive/skid control course last Sunday near Maynooth and I really have to say it was money well spent. The skid pan was excellent, I was thought how to regain control of a skid in wet/icey conditions. This is something you can't practice on an open road and when you do encounter a skid you wish you had practised it. Also I learned a lot about ABS by doing an emergency avoidance exercise. This was done in a peugeot 206 and I was amazed that I could steer around an object with the brakes slammed at 85kph (it was also wet). Good to know as I have never had to try this while driving on a public road. Then I took a drive on the roads between Maynooth and Mullingar with two advanced instructors for a couple of hrs while they criticised my driving and learned some advanced driving skills like chasing the limit points.
    Anyway I was looking to do something like this for a long time and I couldn't find it anywhere. I was going to do the skid pan in Mondello but they didn't have dates available last month and they didn't get back to me this month. I can't recommend Leinster driving campus enough though for not just learners but people like me who want to develop their driving skills and stay safe. I hope this is of help to you.

*btw I have no affiliation with Leinster Driving Campus

Comments

Advertisement