Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who the hell is Ross Clifton?

• 21-01-2009 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.mmanews.com/other/Ken-Shamrock-Tank-Abbott-Part-Of-February-Wargods-Card.html

The reason i ask is because he is Ken Shamrock's opponent at the Wargods event that he is promoting.

Having done some online research all i see if a very, very out of shape and untalented fighter. Can someone offer me any reason why this is not a handpicked oppoented to get a W on Shamrocks record?

Comments

They will bill the event around Kens appearance rather than the competitiveness of the fight. He'll likely lose to Shamrock and leave those who paid to see Ken going home happy, though you wouldn't know these days given Ken's outings over the last 5-10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Imagine Tim Sylvia, if he ate even more pies, and never trained.

Clifton has a loosing record (6-8-0) and no gas tank.
    All he has is fatman power.

He's huge though, about 6 ft 9 and weighing between 350-400 pds.
    Ken beating him (if!) will look good to the untrained eye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Is this a sanctioned fight or an Indian reservation dealy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Here is a picture of the guy:

21785.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Unfair - every fighter goes a little over their competition weight between fights!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

t-ha wrote: »
    Unfair - every fighter goes a little over their competition weight between fights!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kP-xINF_WY

Don't get me wrong, i one of the peopel here who needs to enforce the rules about fighter bashing, but i can find nothing on this guy that implies he will be even close to competitive against Shamrock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

He has punching power, but absoloutly no gas.
    It will look impressive for Ken though.

David vs Goliath syndrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Lol - sorry mate, I'm afraid I was taking the pee a bit, which I now realise is fighter bashing. I will stop, though if he did come in ripped he could probably use his skin as a Gi if he knows any good Gi chokes. OK now I'll stop.

Advertisement