Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my bargain order cancelled!!! not fair!!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aoshea

Did you actually submit the forms to them and did they write back to you returning your money?

I just can't see that exclusion anywhere in the rules for the Small Claims procedure.
    No,I just told them what happened over the Phone and she confirmed that it was "Breach of Contract" they didn't deal with that and that I would have to get a solicitor to take that on,..But I will ring them back again and see if they still tell me that,..what harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Sure, ring them, but make sure you know who you spoke to and what their role is in the office. And I would send in the application anyway. Worst thing they can do is send it back to you (including the money).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 anna77

Delighted to say, we stuck to our guns, went to our solicitor and received our 2 couches on Thursday, at the agreed price of 119.00 each! was worth all the hassle!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Congrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

anna77 wrote: »
    Delighted to say, we stuck to our guns, went to our solicitor and received our 2 couches on Thursday, at the agreed price of 119.00 each! was worth all the hassle!
    Haha congrats and boo to all the negative tossers in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Well done, I can't believe how other posters wanted you to leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Well done, fair play to you

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Congrats.. well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cheapskate

Hi, I'm delighted for you, you got your just rewards, shame on the jealous negative posters!
    I too had a similar issue a few years back but wasn't as fortunate as you, I feel that you have won this battle for all of us that have failed in the past due to ill gotten advice from not sticking to our guns!
    Normally they put E&OE on all advertising to exclude errors and ommissions but when they accept your money through transaction that is a binding contract even if you know they may have made a mistake, that is business as they say!

CS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

cheapskate wrote: »
    shame on the jealous negative posters!
    Haha congrats and boo to all the negative tossers in this thread.

Why does being negative make anyone a tosser, or jealous? I said at the start of this thread, that just because your payment had been accepted, and it looks like it's a legally binding contract, that you'd have to go further than writing a letter, or contacting the consumers association to get Argos to give in. Even getting a solicitor would not guarantee success, as a judge could conceivably overturn the contract, should he find a valid reason.

As I also said, in the past Dell and Aer Lingus were not held to pricing errors, even after payment had been accepted, and no agency fought on behalf of the consumers effected, even though what the companies did in reversing the payment was technically illegal.

In this case Anna won out, by getting a solicitor on the case, which is really your only option in such a case, as no consumer has the power to make a business honour a contract (even though the law is on your side). I note that the OP of this thread gave in and took his refund too.

So I ask, does my realism and negativity make me a tosser, or jealous? No, but making unfounded and ill-conceived comments about others probably does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cheapskate

Jor el,

I stand over my point wholeheartedly! and No, don't think that everyone that was being negative was being Jealous but that was the general feeling I got, like how dare you get a great offer like that when I didn't think of it or I didn't think I'd get away with it - we are an island of begrudgers myself included!

I admired the poster for following it through and other persons for encouraging them but you always get people who have to throw in their negative comments when all they are looking for is a little support & solidarity

Maybe you sub-conciously identify with this label though afterall it was to those Jealous Negative posters and not all negative posters!

CS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Disambiguation

Anna77, I am so happy for you. I also tried Small Claims who refused to take the case on. I registered specifically for your advice so I hope you read this. I have now gone to my Solicitor and want to take a claim again Argos Extra. I imagine you settled as you received the couches so quickly - would you be kind enough to help me out by saying how you got your success? I would really appreciate your help.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I wonder what happened to who made that mistake?

One more to the dole queue..... One more dole claimant out of your taxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Oh Come on, fair play to the OP. And I very much doubt someone lost their job for that mistake, its just a typo.

Advertisement