Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken my iPhone

• 21-01-2009 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

hi.... help help help.

I have a jailbroken iPhone now for a year that was running fine in version 1.1.2. Today i decided to be a smart ass and upgrade the software to 2.1 etc... not knowing a huge amount about this i preceeded to go ahead based really on the option to "restore" that was visible in my iTunes.

now, after the upgrade I have no iphone.... or iTouch. all I have is this screen
    only allowing me the option of an emergency call and doesn't recognise my sim.

i am an idiot....:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 topsoff

Hi Rob,

tried your link but i seem to be stalled on the updating the firmware bit. doesn't seem to go any further than step 6 (firmware verification)....

any thoughts?

topsoff wrote: »
    Hi Rob,

tried your link but i seem to be stalled on the updating the firmware bit. doesn't seem to go any further than step 6 (firmware verification)....

any thoughts?

are you sure the firmware is 2.1

and have you downloaded the 2.1ipsw from the link?
    if you have move it to your desktop then click the browse button to find this file and just point it at that file which is on your desktop.

I think this is whast happening is that it cant find this although i cant say 100% sure

followed the instructions to the letter

donwloaded iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw

and the when i browse to
    C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\Pwnage\iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw

it just does nothing.....

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your help so far. Although it has been most informative its till hasn’t helped me. Let me start at the start!!!!
    I bought the 2G iphone, ver 1.1.2 in the apple store in NYC last January with an AT&T sim provided etc. Got a guy in work to Jailbreak the phone so I could use the a local SIM (meteor) and features and away I went. No problems at all for a year until I decided to go to 2.1.
    You guys have been great and thanks for the links and advice. But I’m still bunched. My iPhone now has a screen with the iTunes logo and the USB cable. It only allows me the option to make emergency calls. When I try to connect to itunes it gives me a message saying that “the sim inserted in the phone does not appear to be supported” and other buff underneath that. Will I need the AT&T sim I got with the phone to proceed.
    Is this the problem I’m having with the firmware option in Quickpwn… I’m really lost and I really need that phone….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I’m really lost and I really need that phone….

Do a quick google search with your problem, its a fairly easy fix, just takes a bit of reading to get there.

I feel for ya but NEED is a strong word.

followed the instructions to the letter

donwloaded iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw

and the when i browse to
    C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\Pwnage\iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw

it just does nothing.....

I sent you a pm about this if you upgraded through itunes it is most likely firmware 2.2 so the link to ipsw 2.1 wont work for your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭mossie110

well topsoff did u get it sorted :confused:
    hope u did..

thats a negative....
    can't open itunes cause it won't recognise my sim....
    i'll have to go back to the tutorials on the web......... ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

can't open itunes cause it won't recognise my sim....

Hold down the lock button and home button to force turn off the iPhone.

Hold the home button down as you plug in the USB cable between your iPhone and your computer.

Let go of the home button when a “Connect to iTunes” screen appears.

iTunes will recognize that your iPhone is in recovery mode and allow you to restore from the latest firmware version.

Then hold down shift while you click update within iTunes and you can choose which firmware to install

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

hi.... help help help.

I have a jailbroken iPhone now for a year that was running fine in version 1.1.2. Today i decided to be a smart ass and upgrade the software to 2.1 etc... not knowing a huge amount about this i preceeded to go ahead based really on the option to "restore" that was visible in my iTunes.

now, after the upgrade I have no iphone.... or iTouch. all I have is this screen
    only allowing me the option of an emergency call and doesn't recognise my sim.

i am an idiot....:confused::confused:
    If it coming up with different sim detected try this it worked for me.
    http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/iphone/guide-how-to-fix-different-sim-detected-after-jailbreak-unlock-38924.html

Otherwise revert your software back to 2.2 and jailbreak/unlock again using
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1880

Any problems or need help just ask....

The first link I gave you will work for this. Just read the rest of your posts. If you want me to do it I will.

i've managed to retore the phone via itunes following the intructions, thanks.
    i'm using a package called pwnage... i can get to the step where you browse for you firmware but thats it... wont allow me to proceed..

not sure what i'm trying to achieve, see instruction from this step...

"Step 3. Browse and select the iPhone firmware 2.2 file you downloaded above. Note that this should be the same file you used to restore your phone in iTunes. QuickPwn will verify the file and display a green tick mark if it is valid.

this is proving to be a lot harder than i thougth.... can you pay someone to unlock it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

i've managed to retore the phone via itunes following the intructions, thanks.
    i'm using a package called pwnage... i can get to the step where you browse for you firmware but thats it... wont allow me to proceed..

not sure what i'm trying to achieve, see instruction from this step...

"Step 3. Browse and select the iPhone firmware 2.2 file you downloaded above. Note that this should be the same file you used to restore your phone in iTunes. QuickPwn will verify the file and display a green tick mark if it is valid.

this is proving to be a lot harder than i thougth.... can you pay someone to unlock it?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=158509

This guy should be able to help you, he unlocked my iPhone and a couple of nokias for me, sound chap!

Just follow the second link i gave you too unlock it. Is it 2g or 3g?
    I had the same problem on one on monday but loading that Lockdown folder sorted it in mins.
    Have you done that?

Did you create a folder with all the files in it on your desktop??

If your near Lucan I'll do it for free

i'm in lucan... how much do you charge?

i'm in lucan... how much do you charge?
    Ill do it for nothing man. I done mine and its broken anyway so you have nothing to lose

• Advertisement

apologies... i've just spotted you'll do it for free....

Just pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Or look at the other jailbraking threads. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement