Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why don't you use your indicators???!!!

• 21-01-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

Why on earth do people not use their indicators!! It is so easy!
    There are so many places where you should use them but people do not bother :mad: such as...

1) When you are overtaking a moving car
    2) when you have to change your position on the road due to an obstruction (like a parked car for example)
    3) when you are on a roundabout ( I hate waiting to enter a roundabout only to find that the car already on the roundabout approaching from my right decides to take the exit before the one I am it instead of indicating left for that exit...grrr )
    4) when you are at a T-junction
    5) when you are turning into an entrance
    6) when you are switching lanes

There are loads more examples than this but the above 6 are ones that I encounter everyday thanks to some idiotic drivers!!
    Now don't get me started on people who insist on driving up other driver's asses!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Indicators? uh? :confused::confused: What are those ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Oh no. not another indicator thread, we are doomed now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

lol to both of you......I take it this topic has been brought up before and done to the death going by the reaction? Apologies...I am not a regular poster in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Why would I use them when I know where I'm Going?

-Kidding BTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Do you know how much a bulb costs? We're in a recession don't you know....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I use them. The odd time i don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I just drive around with my hazards on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I just drive around with my hazards on.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

One that seems to be particularly endemic here is not indicating before leaving a motorway / dual carriageway, and if you ever see anyone who does, it's at the very same time as they turn the wheel to turn off onto the off-ramp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

there needs to be a few more threads about this until everyone in the country understands what an indicator is for. 1 a week until it's sorted :D

but seriously man I feel your pain. HEADMELT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

kingtut wrote: »
    3) when you are on a roundabout ( I hate waiting to enter a roundabout only to find that the car already on the roundabout approaching from my right decides to take the exit before the one I am it instead of indicating left for that exit...grrr )
    QUOTE]

This one really really REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!! :mad:

I have taken to blaring my horn and giving the finger to anyone who does this to me - but I have to be fast cos the window of opportunity is very small!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I use my indicators sporadically:
    on, off, on, off, on, off, on, off, on, off, on, off, on, off, on, off

closed before indicators becomes the new foglights, peasant banned for utter stupidity :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement