Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor failing to provide service.

• 21-01-2009 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I need some help, meteor are suing me.

From the beginning.

I was a customer for 2-3 years no unpaid bills always paid on time. I needed a new handset but at this time meteor were not allowing any customers to upgrade. A nice customer care agent told me to cancel the account and start a new contract with a new handset. This sounded great so he did the lot for me. I went to the meteor store in clonmel and they singed me up.

error 1.
    I requested to be put on lowest tariff as very little usage was planned. Instead I was put on a higher tariff but charged handset price of lowest tariff,

error 2
    The above came to my attention when I noticed a huge bill from meteor and questioned the same. I was told this issue would be resolved and the extra money that was taken would be paid back asap.

error 3
    This didn't happen, I was told that the mistakes were noted and I explained that I wanted no more to do with them due to the incompetence they showed in managing a customers account.
    I was speaking with a girl from customer service who was sympathetic with my situation and furnished me with the following information:
    I was able to port out my number to a different network, the act of doing this will cease my account, and that there would be no money owed other than the 9 days left in my 30 day cycle.
    I asked her to repeat this and I confirmed that this resolution was acceptable, I asked was the call recorded and was told yes it was.

After receiving a bill for €200+ I called them and after dealing with more than one manager I was told that the matter would be looked into. I asked for the recorded call to be furnished to me, this to date has not happened.

I reiterated the catalyst to this whole situation and it was agreed that meteor were at fault.

Due to some personal matters I expressed that I wanted no more "phone calls" from meteor, this was accepted and adhered to since early November 2008 I have had no dealings or communication from meteor. no bills, no letters, no calls.

Today I get a letter from a solicitor telling me that unless I pay €274.82 in 7 days the were going to take legal action.

While I agree I signed a 12 month contract, meteor have conceded that these mistakes were made, but are insisting that i pay in full for 12 months of service that they did not provide, are we as consumers meant to accept errors by network operators that cause financial implications month after month and remain with that company?

This sounds like a rant but I am genuinely being forced to pay for a service that I dont have and was never satisfactorily provided with.

I have contacted them and asked for a statement of intent, They refused.

Any comments welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

send that to info@meteor.ie and see what they say

one thing i'd be worried about is that it'd have to be an exceptionally stupid agent to tell you that you can port out in the middle of the contract without penalty, unbelievably stupid (ie they may not believe you)

you can prove that you were put on the wrong tariff because of the price you paid for the phone so that's not a worry

generally i'd recommend the small claims court but i don't know how it works if you owe them money rather than them owing you money. did you ever get back the extra money you paid by being on the wrong tariff?

keep asking for that tape btw

also, this should be in consumer issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dodesign

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info, i stuck to my guns and explained that 2 good buddies of mine work for the National News Agency and that my solicitor was interested in the issue,

Needless to say i received an email from a nice chap in meteor explaining that they are waiving all charges effective immediately.

This demonstrates that as long as we consumers know and enforce our rights to good service, companies will have to comply.

So to anyone who has been downtrodden by Network operators, anyone who was refused service or refund, anyone not shown the proper respect by a call center................

Stand up and be counted, these forums are the perfect place to have your say.

Thanks Boards.............:)

Advertisement